The Student Room Group

Take real steps to really help Ukrainians!

EU leadership treats Ukraine as second brand country denying it of the right to cooperate to benefit Ukrainian interests.
Far as I got it even if Ukraine gets into that EU, it's going to be second brand country there. At present we see that our government has no right for bargain. We are just to happily embrace all the aid EU gives us without any comments! It's sort of this: we are helping you and be happy just with the fact. But on their part they demand that Ukraine go on with some concrete reforms!
All in all, ordinary Ukrainians can't feel that much boasted EU aid. Maybe our top officials feel it. But we get nothing actually! And in the eastern regions there's full scale war and the same approach "no talks with separatists". That's wrong and this practice must be dropped!
So, move on there in Brussels! Take real steps to really help Ukrainians! I suggest that EU just start transferring concrete sums on every personal account of not very wealthy and poor Ukrainians! How do you like the idea?
I think we'd rather let Ukraine rot than contribute too much more. Understand that your average British person doesn't care about Ukraine and the average British person wants nothing to do with your doings. The only reason we haven't allowed Putin to roll over you is because we've seen an opportunity to weaken what was a great ally of Putin. This is a strategic operation and that's that.

And to be quite honest Ukraine caused this by overthrowing a democratically elected president. The only reason the West ignores that is because the new government happens to prefer the EU more. You wanted a revolution, so here's your revolution.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending