The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle University 2015 Entry

Hello everyone!

Welcome to Newcastle University’s official 2015 Entry thread here on The Student Room.

Our team will be responding to your queries on applications, and anything Newcastle University. If you have any questions, please get in touch. And for any questions you may not wish to post publicly, feel free to drop the team a private message.

The site will be monitored Monday–Friday, 9am–5pm and we will aim to respond to you within 24 hours.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Newcastle University Student Room Team: Rachel, Matt, Anna & Peff

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys,

I'm applying for Graduate Entry Medicine- is there any preliminary idea of what the UKCAT cut-off will be for 2015 entry?
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Hey, I'm applying for Chemical engineering still not convince if Newcastle for me...I live 200 miles away
Original post by JenniB22
Hi guys,

I'm applying for Graduate Entry Medicine- is there any preliminary idea of what the UKCAT cut-off will be for 2015 entry?

Hi Jenni, sorry for the delay in my response.

I contacted admissions and their response was:

"We won’t know the cut off until November 2014 when we receive all the data but the cut off for the A101 programme for 2014 entry was 3070."

I hope that helps! Thanks :smile:

Rachel
Original post by Newcastle University
Hi Jenni, sorry for the delay in my response.

I contacted admissions and their response was:

"We won’t know the cut off until November 2014 when we receive all the data but the cut off for the A101 programme for 2014 entry was 3070."

I hope that helps! Thanks :smile:

Rachel

Thanks very much, Rachel :smile:
Original post by Jgco2chem
Hey, I'm applying for Chemical engineering still not convince if Newcastle for me...I live 200 miles away

Hey, thanks for getting in touch :smile:

Every year we have students from all over the country and beyond.

Maybe some of our videos will help you get a feel for the University and City.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RRitRGFcR8&list=UUcjrC8BFmC04Pjy9yiyJsag&index=10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7plGmk9p8A&index=9&list=UUcjrC8BFmC04Pjy9yiyJsag

Let me know if you have any specific questions!

Rachel
Reply 6
Hey,
I'm going to start my Msc. in psychology (clinical and forensic psychology) in Newcastle next year and I was just wondering how many people usually are in one course just so I know what to expect. :wink:
Original post by Nadine22
Hey,
I'm going to start my Msc. in psychology (clinical and forensic psychology) in Newcastle next year and I was just wondering how many people usually are in one course just so I know what to expect. :wink:

Hey Nadine, thanks for getting in touch :smile:

I've been in touch with the Psychology department and received the following response:

This year we had 34 on the Msc in Psychology, of whom 5 are doing the Forensic strand. This may be entirely different next year as the Forensic strand had only just been approved so recruitment started very late.

I hope that helps, let me know if you have any further questions :smile:

Rachel
Reply 8
Hey Nadine, thanks for getting in touch :smile:

I've been in touch with the Psychology department and received the following response:

This year we had 34 on the Msc in Psychology, of whom 5 are doing the Forensic strand. This may be entirely different next year as the Forensic strand had only just been approved so recruitment started very late.

I hope that helps, let me know if you have any further questions :smile:

Rachel

Hey Rachel,

thank you so much for your quick reply. It was really helpful. :smile:
Reply 9
Hello everyone!

Welcome to Newcastle University’s official 2015 Entry thread here on The Student Room.

Our team will be responding to your queries on applications, and anything Newcastle University. If you have any questions, please get in touch. And for any questions you may not wish to post publicly, feel free to drop the team a private message.

The site will be monitored Monday–Friday, 9am–5pm and we will aim to respond to you within 24 hours.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Newcastle University Student Room Team: Rachel, Matt, Anna & Peff

Hello Newcastle,:smile:

1. What was the UKCAT cut off score for undergraduate Medicine for 2014 entry entry?
2. Is there am individual section cut off for the UKCAT for 2014 entry for undergraduate entry Medicine. If so, what were they.

Thank you very much! :biggrin:
Original post by ΘTheta
Hello Newcastle,:smile:

1. What was the UKCAT cut off score for undergraduate Medicine for 2014 entry entry?
2. Is there am individual section cut off for the UKCAT for 2014 entry for undergraduate entry Medicine. If so, what were they.

Thank you very much! :biggrin:

More information about admissions can be found here: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/mbbs/admissions/index.htm and specifically http://www.ncl.ac.uk/mbbs/admissions/documents/OverviewofApplicationandUKCATdata.pdf for UKCAT thresholds over the past 6 years.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Rachel
Thinking of studying Medicine or Dentistry? Don't miss Monday's Live Q&A chat over on Twitter.

Simply use #nclmedchat or #ncldentchat between 5-6pm on Monday 6th October to get your questions answered.

More information about admissions can be found here: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/mbbs/admissions/index.htm and specifically http://www.ncl.ac.uk/mbbs/admissions/documents/OverviewofApplicationandUKCATdata.pdf for UKCAT thresholds over the past 6 years.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Rachel

Thanks! :biggrin:
Hello,
How are the medical interviews usually, and when are the usual dates?
Are they based on the personal statement?
Original post by annamartin
Hello,
How are the medical interviews usually, and when are the usual dates?
Are they based on the personal statement?

Hi Anna,

Do you have Twitter? To get your questions answered on the spot, don't miss tonight's Live Q&A chat over there. Simply use #nclmedchat between 5-6pm to get all your questions answered!

Let me know if that's not possible and I'll send an enquiry to Medical Admissions :smile:

Rachel
x

Hi,

What is the success rate for applicants for Biomedical Sciences?
Also do they interview and/or require a separate PS for it?

Thank you!
Original post by alfresco_

Hi,

What is the success rate for applicants for Biomedical Sciences?
Also do they interview and/or require a separate PS for it?

Thank you!

We do not interview for biomedical programmes and the if the PS is geared towards medicine we do not require an alternative (this applies to all programmes EXCEPT the new B942 programme for which the PS MUST be geared towards Biomedical Sciences).

When you ask about the success rate, do you mean the success on the actual programme or the success of receiving an offer?

Rachel

We do not interview for biomedical programmes and the if the PS is geared towards medicine we do not require an alternative (this applies to all programmes EXCEPT the new B942 programme for which the PS MUST be geared towards Biomedical Sciences).

When you ask about the success rate, do you mean the success on the actual programme or the success of receiving an offer?

Rachel

Thanks for the reply!

The success of receiving an offer.

For the transfer to Med, do you use my UKCAT score from this cycle or do I take the UKCAT next summer (just before I start Biomed at Newcastle - if I get an offer)?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by alfresco_
Thanks for the reply!

The success of receiving an offer.

For the transfer to Med, do you use my UKCAT score from this cycle or do I take the UKCAT next summer (just before I start Biomed at Newcastle - if I get an offer)?

Hey again,

There is a high success rate of receiving an offer and we usually only send unsuccessful decisions on applications that cannot meet our entrance requirements or have extremely low predicted grades (ie below CCC). The current UKCAT score from this cycle can be used for the transfer to medicine.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Rachel
Hello!
I got an A in Economics and B's in Maths,Physics and ICT(at AS levels).Should I apply here for Economics?
Incidentally,how is living in Newcastle compared to other cities?Cheaper?What other things can students do here?
Cheers!
Haseef

Quick Reply

Latest