The Student Room Group

Read my PS and i'll love you forever - Law

hi all, quick background,,,
(edited 9 years ago)
Well your first step should be to remove this and start again, as once you've posted your PS in a public forum it can be easily plagiarised.

But anyway...

I really think you need to be more straightforward and less literary. It's nice that you can ramble about how the law is everywhere, and it's so important et cetera et cetera, but I'm reasonably sure a law tutor will recognise this and probably won't care really. Also I think it is kind of a mistake to assert that you read constantly et cetera and then not mention anything you've actually read, anybody could say that, it doesn't demonstrate anything really.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by george123m
hi all, quick background,,, i have already got my a levels getting AAB in history , biology and economics. i am applying this year to study law, for entry in 2015
i havent made exact choices as to where i want to study, but have drafted a personal statement
could you guys please take a look and offer some constructive criticism

i feel like such a pretentious brat writing it

thanks

You should not post it it on online forums, or your PS may be deemed as plagiarized by UCAS, as someone else may copy it. So you should take it off immediately, to try and avoid that from happening. :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by george123m
hi all, quick background,,, i have already got my a levels getting AAB in history , biology and economics. i am applying this year to study law, for entry in 2015
i havent made exact choices as to where i want to study, but have drafted a personal statement
could you guys please take a look and offer some constructive criticism

i feel like such a pretentious brat writing it

thanks

Wow, I really did enjoy reading that. I can't offer you experienced advice or criticism to writing a personal statement, as I haven't written one myself yet. However, as a regular person reading what you've written I'd say, the piece was very thorough and seemed to flow nicely onto your attributes and experiences that you can clearly see will benefit your future study into law next year. The writing didn't veer off into another direction, and everything pretty much stay within relation to what ideas you were communicating. Not too long and the information was clearly spaced throughout, all within a fair amount of reading time- basically, you didn't ramble on.
Very articulate, and just very interesting to read!
I hope I've given some help- good luck for next year!:smile:
Check out the guidance on writing law PSs (see the links at the bottom of my post). I'm not sure if your PS was cached by google, but it may be worth starting from scratch in case it's caught in the plagiarism software

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending