The Student Room Group

Welbeck DSFC 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

I've got my open day on November 15th should be interesting.
Reply 21
Sure, The open day is pretty good my guide was a bit nervous and i think we did loose out a bit because of that but it was really good and seeing it kind of made me want it more. and yeah if you could tell me a bit about swynnerton and if you dont mind me asking where about you from?
Reply 22
[QUOTE="Yaldiz;50676383" Suzie="Suzie"]
Original post by Jakl121
Hi suzie that's the same course i am on at synnerton from the 18th to 20th really looking forward to it.

Hi Jake,
I cant wait I'm so excited see you there at least ill know someone :smile:
I can tell you about swynnerton as a place as I'm going there this weekend if you would like?

Sure, The open day is pretty good my guide was a bit nervous and i think we did loose out a bit because of that but it was really good and seeing it kind of made me want it more. and yeah if you could tell me a bit about swynnerton and if you don't mind me asking where about you from?
[QUOTE="Jakl121;50681881"]
Original post by Suzie Yaldiz

Sure, The open day is pretty good my guide was a bit nervous and i think we did loose out a bit because of that but it was really good and seeing it kind of made me want it more. and yeah if you could tell me a bit about swynnerton and if you don't mind me asking where about you from?

Hi jake,
Wow I'm going to want it so badly after the open day then and yeah I'll tell as much about swynnerton as I find out :smile: I'm from Ross-on-wye in herefordshire you ?
You guys are going to interviews already?!
Original post by bemonday10
You guys are going to interviews already?!

Yeah but I was first to apply through the army it would of been sooner but the SCA was out of the country for three weeks so don't worry about it :smile:
Oh okay :-) getting me a little worried! I havent sent in my application yet, you guys are hoping to go there in 2015? :-)
Reply 27
[QUOTE="Yaldiz;50691015" Suzie="Suzie"]
Original post by Jakl121

Hi jake,
Wow I'm going to want it so badly after the open day then and yeah I'll tell as much about swynnerton as I find out :smile: I'm from Ross-on-wye in herefordshire you ?

I live nearer to Birmingham in a town called stourbridge, any idea on the sort of questions we are going to be asked on the interviews?

Original post by bemonday10
Oh okay :-) getting me a little worried! I havent sent in my application yet, you guys are hoping to go there in 2015? :-)

Yep 2015 hopefully Welbeck here i come but the odds are against us all but i'm gonna try my best
Try your best, good luck with the interviews guys :-)
[QUOTE="Jakl121;50691537"]

I live nearer to Birmingham in a town called stourbridge, any idea on the sort of questions we are going to be asked on the interviews?

I've been to Stourbridge loads with cadets aha :') um fitness,general knowledge of the army,career/regiment choice,speed distance time and other calculations,current affairs and army values and standards.(what I was told on the email) you could also say why you would be good as a officer maybe ?

Yep 2015 hopefully Welbeck here i come but the odds are against us all but i'm gonna try my best
Reply 30
hey,
I've got my interview for welbeck with the army on Friday so nervous, then the medical in the next month.
Then I have a open day at welbeck and officer insight course in November.

Wish me luck and good luck potential welbeck 15 entry :smile:

Good luck with your interview tomorrow and let me know how you get on , and maybe a few of the questions they ask you that they didn't warn us about xD
Original post by Jakl121
Good luck with your interview tomorrow and let me know how you get on , and maybe a few of the questions they ask you that they didn't warn us about xD

Haha thanks will do :wink: when's your interview jake ?
Reply 32
Haha thanks will do :wink: when's your interview jake ?

Wednesday
Original post by Jakl121
Hi suzie that's the same course i am on at synnerton from the 18th to 20th really looking forward to it.

Hey will i was just wondering if you could confirm what the fitness assessment is for the Army at welbeck as in the emails etc that i have recieved its 50 push ups 50 situps in 2 mins and the 1.5 mile run where as other people have told me its just a 7.2 in a bleep test?

Thanks Jake

Jake,

The standard on arriving at the college requires you to do 44pressups and 52 press-ups in 2 minutes, with a 1.5 mile run within 10m 30s. This is the male standard.

HOWEVER at selection you will not be required to do press-ups and situps, only a MSLT (bleep test) where you must achieve a level 9.4. They will stop you at 9.4.

Hope this helps,
Will
Original post by Bella909
Hi, I'm applying via the army and have a few questions. How should you prepare for your filter interview. Do you know how many people applied? Want happens if you pass the academic entry requirements but do not get your expected grades?

thank you!

Bella,

The filter interview is to get a landscape of who you are. You will be asked about yourself, your hobbies, your family, your reasons for wanting to be an Officer in the Army, and also about your views on current Affairs topics.

I would suggest being completely up to date on the current situations in Iraq and Syria (ISIS), and also have opinions on the topic.

Try reading the telegraph and listening to Radio 4 - that helps, although it's inanely mind numbing!

After your filter interviews, within 2 weeks you will receive an email/letter to let you know if you have passed of not. From there there is a Scrutiny Board, in which you can do absolutely nothing because its basically a paper sifting exercise. You will be aware if you have passed this by February.

As for the Academics, if you have the correct predicted grades, you will be passed through selection regardless. However if you fail to achieve these grades in your exams, you will not be confirmed a place at the College in the week following Results Day.

You may also like to read this website fully - It was my best tool in preparation for selection.

http://www.armyofficerselection.co.uk/

Hope this helps,
Will
What is the dress code for the open day? My biggest fear at the moment is everybody wearing a suit there except me.
Original post by Will Deary
Bella,

The filter interview is to get a landscape of who you are. You will be asked about yourself, your hobbies, your family, your reasons for wanting to be an Officer in the Army, and also about your views on current Affairs topics.

I would suggest being completely up to date on the current situations in Iraq and Syria (ISIS), and also have opinions on the topic.

Try reading the telegraph and listening to Radio 4 - that helps, although it's inanely mind numbing!

After your filter interviews, within 2 weeks you will receive an email/letter to let you know if you have passed of not. From there there is a Scrutiny Board, in which you can do absolutely nothing because its basically a paper sifting exercise. You will be aware if you have passed this by February.

As for the Academics, if you have the correct predicted grades, you will be passed through selection regardless. However if you fail to achieve these grades in your exams, you will not be confirmed a place at the College in the week following Results Day.

You may also like to read this website fully - It was my best tool in preparation for selection.

http://www.armyofficerselection.co.uk/

Hope this helps,
Will

Thank you that really helps!
Reply 37
Got torn apart today at my interview I was spot on with my maths but was told I lacked confidence. What through was doing a ice breaker at the start for 2 minutes about the national lottery which I obviously struggled with not geing old enough to even take part in it yet. He said my progress into the next stage is resting on how I do on my insight course now. Make sure you guys are very up to date with current affairs as they interrogate you down to the letter about each one, it was alot harder than it was put across too me. I honestly dont think im gonna get in now but its worth a try.
Original post by Jakl121
Got torn apart today at my interview I was spot on with my maths but was told I lacked confidence. What through was doing a ice breaker at the start for 2 minutes about the national lottery which I obviously struggled with not geing old enough to even take part in it yet. He said my progress into the next stage is resting on how I do on my insight course now. Make sure you guys are very up to date with current affairs as they interrogate you down to the letter about each one, it was alot harder than it was put across too me. I honestly dont think im gonna get in now but its worth a try.

Was the person who interviewed you called john arundel ?
Reply 39
Was the person who interviewed you called john arundel ?

No, how did your interview go?

Quick Reply

Latest