The Student Room Group

Welbeck DSFC 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jakl121
No, how did your interview go?

Really well thank you I just wondered cause I got asked the same thing :/
Reply 41
Well done if it went well I did find it hard.
Original post by Jakl121
Well done if it went well I did find it hard.

Well I just made I up that's the point of a ice breaker it's just being able to talk but dw too much about it ok :smile:
Original post by Jakl121
I have too been contacted about a interview fro this wednesday and going on a insight course from the 18th to 20th of november. Which one you on?

How long did it take for them to reply after you sent your application?
Original post by drhawkeye
How long did it take for them to reply after you sent your application?

Literally next day :smile:
oh damn!!!!
Original post by Suzie Yaldiz

Btw, i know it sounds stupid but what would you recommend me wear if i got the interview
Original post by drhawkeye
Btw, i know it sounds stupid but what would you recommend me wear if i got the interview

Well either school uniform if it's at school or a suit eg shirt and tie :smile:
Original post by Suzie Yaldiz

You mentioned that they replied the next day, but mine says that they will contact me in 2 weeks with some medical questionnaires
Reply 49
No Danny Welbeck? Disappointed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
Original post by Ellis2314
What is the dress code for the open day? My biggest fear at the moment is everybody wearing a suit there except me.

It is meant to be casual, but most guys I saw where wearing button up shirts and suit trousers/smart trousers. As I am a girl, I wore a blouse and skirt. But the odd person did arrive in jeans and a t-shirt, and that didn't appear to be a problem. Hope this helps.
Original post by EvaMcd
It is meant to be casual, but most guys I saw where wearing button up shirts and suit trousers/smart trousers. As I am a girl, I wore a blouse and skirt. But the odd person did arrive in jeans and a t-shirt, and that didn't appear to be a problem. Hope this helps.

I think I'll stick to smart casual and play it safe. First impressions are important!:smile:
Original post by Will Deary
Jake,

The standard on arriving at the college requires you to do 44pressups and 52 press-ups in 2 minutes, with a 1.5 mile run within 10m 30s. This is the male standard.

HOWEVER at selection you will not be required to do press-ups and situps, only a MSLT (bleep test) where you must achieve a level 9.4. They will stop you at 9.4.

Hope this helps,
Will

Hey will,

On the medical assessment what happens ?
Got my filter interview next Thursday, very nervous!
Original post by Bella909
Got my filter interview next Thursday, very nervous!

So i passed my initial eligibility, what happens next?
Got a letter stating that I was refused on medical grounds. I ticked three boxes:
.allergy to penicillin
.currently taking medication for moderate acne
.and the box for stomach disorders (I was lactose intolerant when younger, however the problem has receded enough I now have the same amount of milk as lactose tolerant people)

Because the form wasn't very specific I am going to appeal the decision.

wish me luck as this could make or break, not only my welbeck application, but a career in any service.
How exactly does the filter interview go? As a girl, what are you expected to wear?
Original post by Ellis2314
Got a letter stating that I was refused on medical grounds. I ticked three boxes:
.allergy to penicillin
.currently taking medication for moderate acne
.and the box for stomach disorders (I was lactose intolerant when younger, however the problem has receded enough I now have the same amount of milk as lactose tolerant people)

Because the form wasn't very specific I am going to appeal the decision.

wish me luck as this could make or break, not only my welbeck application, but a career in any service.

good luck mate!
Original post by e.clarkey
How exactly does the filter interview go? As a girl, what are you expected to wear?

Wear formal clothes such as a shirt, skirt(for girls only!), tie, blazer etc...
As for the interview I was told to recap on things such as

Army values and their ethos

Current Affairs

Why you want to be an army officer

Mental Arithmetic particularly DST

From all the advice I was given, I'd suggest to be yourself and be honest because apparently they like those kind of peeps.
Hi all,
I'm applying to welbeck through the RAF and the Navy to be an aero engineer in both. Does anyone know the differences between the two roles? For the fitness assessments, will I need to do push ups and sit ups or just the 1.5m run and/or bleep test? Also, I'm considering the DESG. What is the application process for this?
I would be greatfull for any info,
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest