The Student Room Group

Why do girls ignore emails?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rahulchopra30
When she replies, follow the conversation. Given her history wait for the whatsapp either when enough rapport has been reestablished or she initiates.

I would say something like, "Hahaha I missed this " Say after you find something she said funny. Then say "Hey do you have Whatsapp btw?" You can give your number here at this point if you feel like it.

Hope it works.

Sounds like you do have some feelings for this girl although I would say she does have some for you too.

However, she does seem to be someone who likes to tease, has a short attention and is somewhat ungrateful given her response rate. The fact that she just responded though means she does like you I think!

Good luck, I'm hoping you get through to her and reestablish that convo. Soon she'll be messaging you every minute bro!

Good suggestion. Will try it. Just got to work out the right time to pose the question.
Original post by Anonymous
Okay is there a smooth way to ask her for whatsapp?

I contacted her, she replied 2 days later after coming back from holiday. I said, I'm good how was the holiday? No reply yet, I was hoping to bang the whatsapp thing in in the next msg. What to do?!!

Smooth, Hmmm no not really, Just straight up ask right now...
Original post by Ryan-Slade

As in she replied to my message on Friday to ask how she is. She then replied saying she just got back today and how am I?

I said I was good and asked about her trip. Then I got distracted!! Asked about her visiting here, as in when, but suddenly her enthusiasm died down and the exclamation marks and smileys were gone.

It was just that she was going to India in December, so probably early next year would be here. I said that's great! trying to liven it up. Didn't think I could say We need to catch up amongst other things when her tone had gone all cold suddenly.

Then she asked When you in NY? But again no smiles and it seemed a bit cold. What to say/ask?

Should I ask about whatsapp or wait for a better time?

We're both working today. But she has at least responded!
Girls expect you to chase after them.
Girls just ignore emails.
Original post by inachigeek21

I think the girl in question is now living in a different country from OP though.

This girl also chased after OP contacting him everyday from abroad. Get in there son!!

She seems to vary her attention (although she loves that you are hooked on her).

When she is flirty/frisky in the texts, bring up the phone number.

Yes she lives abroad and started chasing me (i.e. initiating and contacting all the time) when she moved. It's only recently after I lost my instant messenger tool at work as I changed jobs that the chat has died down a little.

I can't seem to get the flow we used to have even though the emails I send go to her IM window anyhow.

How do I get her talking again? I want to ask about whatsapp?

How do I chase her, make her feel excited to exchange whatsapp details?

Okay I haven't asked yet!

If I ask her "Do you use Whatsapp btw?" and she doesn't reply, what would I do then? Just ask her again tomorrow?

What do you think?

Also she fished for if I had a girlfriend, does that mean anything?
Original post by Abstraction
Because she's another narcissist using you for validation and attention when needed, and who discards you when she's bored. I'm not being horrible (to you) but she simply doesn't care about you. Yeah, maybe she's busy, but that's no excuse to not check your email for a few minutes a day. If she's occupied she should have the decency to say so and stop being unable to see past her own nose. Realise your worth, stop wasting your time and do something else OP.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know. It's just I really find myself wanting to talk to her and feel wanted by her. Don't know why. Maybe it's because she talked to me everyday for a long time. Maybe it's cos I was going through a hard time at that point at work. Also I do find her physically attractive. I'm trying to control the number of messages/quantity of words I send.

She responded today and we exchanged a few messages. That was a good feeling. I wonder whether I could ask for her whatsapp though. I would prefer doing this by text than email. I moved from IM, which had a buzz to email alas.

How would I ask her for her whatsapp?
Original post by swarly
whatever you feel comfortable with.

i would personally put her on the list of people I send forward messages to events like xmas, new years etc. but she wouldnt get a personal message.

tbh you can still ask her out though. she hasnt rejected you yet. if you really want closure, arrange to meet her in person and tell her how you feel. carpe diem lad.

even though you knew she was moving away when you met her, there were all kinds of ways you could have spun it 'I believe people meet each for a reason' etc etc.

Okay. I mean thing is, I feel this attraction to her and get excited when she messages me.

I find myself waiting for her response and wanting it.

I don't want to come off as too strong. What would be the best way to get her number/whatsapp now? I used to have it in the UK, then had her on IM and email when she moved. As I used IM everyday I didn't pursue the number. Now I have lost IM as I changed jobs.

How do I get her whatsapp? I only have her email now and whilst today she responded and we exchanged about 4 messages I feel that her attention varies. She starts off well enthusiastic and then it always seems to peter out.

She chased me all the time on IM. It's since I lost it (moved firms), that she hasn't chased me on email.

I want to get her number to initiate texts as they're faster. How do you get that? Bearing in mind we have spoken on email yesterday.
Reply 171
Original post by Anonymous
She chased me all the time on IM. It's since I lost it (moved firms), that she hasn't chased me on email.

I want to get her number to initiate texts as they're faster. How do you get that? Bearing in mind we have spoken on email yesterday.

She likes you mate. What I would do is try and get some conversation going and since you're ahead of time, toward the end, say, haha i missed talking to you. Oh btw, i just got whatsapp, do you have it? Here's my no.

Then leave the ball in her court.

Need you Master!

Original post by spatel3
She likes you mate. What I would do is try and get some conversation going and since you're ahead of time, toward the end, say, haha i missed talking to you. Oh btw, i just got whatsapp, do you have it? Here's my no.

Then leave the ball in her court.

Okay this does sound pretty good. Could try this out this week.. any line to get her thinking about getting naughty with me?

Haha like that

Seriously though, what's the best way to broach the subject of phone number on email? I'm looking for a whatsapp no.

This is hilarious!

I reckon just ask the girl something like this:

"Haha you're too funny! Literally fell of my chair there. Btw, I just got whatsapp, do you use it?"

Then hopefully she will respond.
Reply 176

Original post by neerajpatel
This is hilarious!

"Haha you're too funny! Literally fell of my chair there. Btw, I just got whatsapp, do you use it?"

If the first suggestion doesn't work, the second is good!

Girls can be funny sometimes though. You have to time it when she seems to be in a good mood and looking for attention.
Original post by neerajpatel
This is hilarious!

This is good. Wait for the right moment in a convo and ask this.

Original post by spatel3
If the first suggestion doesn't work, the second is good!

Girls can be funny sometimes though. You have to time it when she seems to be in a good mood and looking for attention.

Especially this one. Make sure you get the power in the convo though. This teaser might try and blank you otherwise. I think she likes the fact that you give her attention. She must get off on that.

Ha nice.
Why does her mood vary so much when responding. Some days she seems to be well into me. And flirts.

Other times, there doesn't appear to be much excitiement in her messages. It's just written with no exclamation marks, smileys, and hardly any punctuation. As if it were just hurriedly typed out. I know she's at work, but she was before and was REALLY flirty with me.

What to do?

Some girls like the attention. They then like to jerk a guy off just before he completes and then hold off and start again. Because they know he will come back to her for more. She has fun and also has a potential back up boyfriend when she needs it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending