The Student Room Group

Are these good a levels for Law?

History, English Lit, Psychology and Biology.
Thanks!
Yep. Good luck with them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Yes they are. Would recommend Economics and/or Maths over Biology though but they are absolutely fine!
Original post by Basiji
Yes they are. Would recommend Economics and/or Maths over Biology though but they are absolutely fine!

Thank you, can I ask why you would think maths/economics over biology? and what one of my a levels should I only do for AS?
Original post by Edminzodo
Yep. Good luck with them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!:colondollar:
Original post by phoebecushion
History, English Lit, Psychology and Biology.
Thanks!

Those sound pretty good to me.
Reply 6
Thank you, can I ask why you would think maths/economics over biology? and what one of my a levels should I only do for AS?

Economics because it's more related to your degree but then again Maths to show you are studying a completely different subject unrelated to your degree, showing diverse knowledge and skills (this will look good on your personal statement) plus just in case you change your mind about your degree or it just doesn't work out, Maths opens so many doors for you.
Reply 7

English lit for AS
Original post by Basiji
Economics because it's more related to your degree but then again Maths to show you are studying a completely different subject unrelated to your degree, showing diverse knowledge and skills (this will look good on your personal statement) plus just in case you change your mind about your degree or it just doesn't work out, Maths opens so many doors for you.

I understand that maths opens a lot of doors for you, but in regards to what you said about it showing diverse knowlege/unrelated to degree, doesn't biology also show that?
Reply 9
I understand that maths opens a lot of doors for you, but in regards to what you said about it showing diverse knowlege/unrelated to degree, doesn't biology also show that?

Yea in terms of what you are studying but I still see it similar to your other subjects. Biology is just a **** load of reading > memorising/understanding > regurgitating. If you are happy to do that then sure.

I did Biology and absolutely hated it.:biggrin::colondollar:

Plus Maths you learn and develop new skills such as logical reasoning. This is also a plus for a Law degree. Just my advice, you don't have to take it :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
They are, I did English lit, history and psychology at A2 and I had no trouble getting Law offers. Psychology is probably the weakest choice, I took it because my school didn't offer politics and I really hated economics so felt quite constrained. Good luck!
Hey. How about Religious Studies (Philosophy and Ethics paper), Art, English Literature and Politics? (For law)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Yeah they are - 3 facilitating subjects except Psychology! I would suggest you drop Psychology at A2 since that's not a facilitating subject and then at A2 you'll be doing all facilitating subjects which universities love! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending