The Student Room Group

How not to loose a bus pass?

I need some advice on how not to loose a bus pass. I have a uni rider which I left on the 143 bus today still waiting for it to see if it's been handed in, I'd it hasn't been by the morning I will be ordering my second one. This is the final one I can have as your only allowed two. I have this pass for a year and loosing it has physically made me feel sick as it was £205. I was just wondering if you had any advice on how to keep it safe. My current method was keep it in my wallet... That didn't work. Honestly thinking of attaching a gps tag to it :wink:
Original post by joeheat
I need some advice on how not to loose a bus pass. I have a uni rider which I left on the 143 bus today still waiting for it to see if it's been handed in, I'd it hasn't been by the morning I will be ordering my second one. This is the final one I can have as your only allowed two. I have this pass for a year and loosing it has physically made me feel sick as it was £205. I was just wondering if you had any advice on how to keep it safe. My current method was keep it in my wallet... That didn't work. Honestly thinking of attaching a gps tag to it :wink:

Are you sure that's correct? I'm pretty sure its £205 a TERM.

It usually comes to around £700+ a year for me as I use my bus pass to get to school.
Original post by joeheat

:erm: put your bus pass back into your bag, wallet, pocket (preferably with a zip) etc. immediately after you swipe it... best of luck :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Incubator
Are you sure that's correct? I'm pretty sure its £205 a TERM.

It usually comes to around £700+ a year for me as I use my bus pass to get to school.

Yeah my uni rider for the year form September to July is £205, I live in Manchester
Reply 4
Original post by happysmile
:erm: put your bus pass back into your bag, wallet, pocket (preferably with a zip) etc. immediately after you swipe it... best of luck :smile:

Thanks for the advice hopefully I'll be able to keep it a whole year! :smile:
Original post by joeheat

Just make sure you tighten it up
Original post by joeheat
Thanks for the advice hopefully I'll be able to keep it a whole year! :smile:

yeah and also it's a good idea to check your seat whenver you're about to stand up, get off the bus, etc. in case you left it behind or its fallen out - I once left an important folder of notes right on the seat of a train - if only I'd looked behind me as I left the train I would've noticed... anyways good luck! (:
Lol you've lost it already?! You do realise you can only replace it once in a year.. So remember that.

i personally keep mine in my purse and had no hassle
I got a case for mine from Paperchase and I make sure I put it in my bag as soon as I sit down.
I put mine in the clear section of my wallet (the plastic screen for putting ID cards behind). If it's the kind you just show the driver, you don't have to take it out of the wallet because they can see it through the clear plastic. Sometimes they ask you to take it out to check the number, but that's only happened to me twice in two years.

If it's the kind you touch on a contactless scanner (NFC), try putting it in your wallet in a place where there's not much material (and no other cards) between the bus pass and the scanner. Then you can scan your whole wallet and it will read it through the material, again meaning you don't have to take it out. Most phones can scan NFC cards, use that to check if the signal is strong enough through the wallet material.
I dont know how thick the card is, but would you be able to punch a hole in the top corner and attach it to your keys?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending