The Student Room Group

Changing rooms

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
If there is a fire you haven't got far to fall, and if your worried people are going to look in then shut the curtains. Ear plugs for the noise is an option.
Original post by Krazy_b
I have been allocated a room on the ground floor in a block of flats. Do you think I should change rooms because I'm worried about safety on the ground floor, noise from the streets and also privacy as anyone can look into my room via the window. Has anyone here had a room on the ground floor? If so, would you be kind enough to share your experience and give me advice? Thank you in advance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was in a flat on the ground floor at university last year. Never found it a problem to be honest. Safety wise, it was fine. Obviously, the front door was always locked when I was out and I always locked my bedroom door too, mostly so I knew I had my keys in my hand when I walked out..... But, you know, extra sense of security as well :smile:
As for peeps looking in..... I had blinds on my window, which I usually always shut so no problem there. :smile: For me, there wasn't really much problem for street traffic/noise as the block of flats was tucked away from the street a little... If that makes sense! :smile:
Hope this helped!
Reply 3
Original post by David B
If there is a fire you haven't got far to fall, and if your worried people are going to look in then shut the curtains. Ear plugs for the noise is an option.

Haha, i dont see why i have to suffer when I'm paying the same price as someone who is enjoying their lovely view from the seventh floor! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by KittKatt
I was in a flat on the ground floor at university last year. Never found it a problem to be honest. Safety wise, it was fine. Obviously, the front door was always locked when I was out and I always locked my bedroom door too, mostly so I knew I had my keys in my hand when I walked out..... But, you know, extra sense of security as well :smile:
As for peeps looking in..... I had blinds on my window, which I usually always shut so no problem there. :smile: For me, there wasn't really much problem for street traffic/noise as the block of flats was tucked away from the street a little... If that makes sense! :smile:
Hope this helped!

Thank youuu for your help! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Krazy_b
Haha, i dont see why i have to suffer when I'm paying the same price as someone who is enjoying their lovely view from the seventh floor! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I bet your more annoyed about the view then anything else.
Reply 6
Original post by David B
I bet your more annoyed about the view then anything else.

👿😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you have the option to change, I would. My halls were on campus and incredibly noisy from the 5th floor where I was at nights and was way worse on the 1st floor as there was a constant trickle of people walking around drunk.
Reply 8
Original post by joker12345
If you have the option to change, I would. My halls were on campus and incredibly noisy from the 5th floor where I was at nights and was way worse on the 1st floor as there was a constant trickle of people walking around drunk.

Oh wow. I'll definitely ring up and request a change!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krazy_b
Oh wow. I'll definitely ring up and request a change!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even worse was people near the doors on the ground floor and groups would gather and smoke there. I mean, if you can't get a change it's not the end of the world,that was my experience but it may not be like that everywhere!
I had a ground flat last year and got one this year. One advantage not having too lug your stuff upstairs. One downside for me was having too keep curtain closed most of the time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending