The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Anyone starting newcastle uni?

I'm starting Newcastle university in September, studying computer science and I don't know anyone else going? Anyone else on here starting in September also?
Reply 1
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
I am and I'm also doing Computer Science. Which accommodation are you staying in?
Reply 3
Original post by ElasticDonut
I am and I'm also doing Computer Science. Which accommodation are you staying in?

Im not staying in accommodation, just living at home. Are you going to freshers week?
Reply 4
Original post by Adil96m
I am ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice, what are you studying?
Original post by AJ Watson
Im not staying in accommodation, just living at home. Are you going to freshers week?

I live in Jarrow at the moment but I'm living in accommodation anyway. I bought the official wristband from the student union website because there are definitely activities that I like the look of. As for other wristbands like the lowercase one, I didn't bother with it because it's just clubbing events and they don't really look like my thing. I'll probably end up going to a club or something during freshers. I guess I just thought I should get the official one so I have options then go with he flow and see what other people I meet are planning to do. Do you think you'll go?
Reply 6
Original post by ElasticDonut
I live in Jarrow at the moment but I'm living in accommodation anyway. I bought the official wristband from the student union website because there are definitely activities that I like the look of. As for other wristbands like the lowercase one, I didn't bother with it because it's just clubbing events and they don't really look like my thing. I'll probably end up going to a club or something during freshers. I guess I just thought I should get the official one so I have options then go with he flow and see what other people I meet are planning to do. Do you think you'll go?

I don't know yet, my main concern is that I'll be doing all the activities by myself. I know that freshers is to help make friends, but on the first few days of freshers I won't know anyone. Do you already know people going to uni and freshers?
I don't know yet, my main concern is that I'll be doing all the activities by myself. I know that freshers is to help make friends, but on the first few days of freshers I won't know anyone. Do you already know people going to uni and freshers?

I have a friend who's also doing computer science at Newcastle and there are a few people who I went to school with who are doing other courses but that's it.
Reply 8

The majority of people know nobody - go along to freshers, put your brave face on and talk to anyone - they'll be just as happy that they have someone to talk to as much as you will.

A majority of people won't know anyone- the point of Fresher's week is to meet people. It is worth doing it to meet people, you might find some friends, you might not, but it'll probably be fun!
Reply 10
I am, and I'm going to be studying Computer Science too. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending