The Student Room Group

Human Resource Management: PgCert, PgDip, MA/MSc - CIPD Accreditation

Hi All,

I'm in the HR sector, looking to get chartered status with by an MCIPD accreditation.

For this, I'm looking at doing a PgCert, PgDip or MA/MSc.

HR doesn't seem to be too popular, has anyone else doing any postgraduate HR qualifications and would recommend a course/Uni. I live down south, just north of London.

I have an LLB in Law and LLM in Law, so this will be my second masters degree and as such I'm a little tight for money. Truth be told, I'm not that bothered about where I study in terms of prestige, I'm already competent in my field and am literally just doing it to tick the box to become an accredited and chartered HR Consultant.

It'll be at CIPD Level 7.
Original post by Pretentious Pete
Hi All,

I'm in the HR sector, looking to get chartered status with by an MCIPD accreditation.

HR doesn't seem to be too popular, has anyone else doing any postgraduate HR qualifications and would recommend a course/Uni. I live down south, just north of London.

I have an LLB in Law and LLM in Law, so this will be my second masters degree and as such I'm a little tight for money. Truth be told, I'm not that bothered about where I study in terms of prestige, I'm already competent in my field and am literally just doing it to tick the box to become an accredited and chartered HR Consultant.

Hey, just giving this thread a little bump in the hopes someone will see it and reply :smile:

Have you found University Connect yet? It's super useful for finding other people on your course/at your university! :smile:
Original post by Pretentious Pete
Hi All,

Hey! I also have an LLB and will be doing the CIPD at some point :smile: if you're near London the places to do it (as far as I'm aware) will be Kingston, Birkbeck or KCL. KCL does an organisational behaviour MSc I think it was called which is CIPD accredited. I think Birkbeck's course is similar. I haven't looked into Kingston as I would rather go to a better uni so will hopefully do the KCL one at some stage.
[QUOTE=Pretentious Pete;50270099

Heya! This was me about 6 months ago!

Firstly, do you have a current job in HR? If so, it's much more like that a firm will either contribute or fully pay for you to do CIPD so you don't have to fork out yourself.

I have chosen to do the kings masters part time which is also accredited with CIPD and luckily my firm are supporting me to do by this. If you already have a law masters however i think you'll only need to do CIPD! Plus later on all you need to do is a dissertation and you can convert some to masters anyway!
Original post by littlehobbit
Heya! This was me about 6 months ago!

Firstly, do you have a current job in HR? If so, it's much more like that a firm will either contribute or fully pay for you to do CIPD so you don't have to fork out yourself.

I have chosen to do the kings masters part time which is also accredited with CIPD and luckily my firm are supporting me to do by this. If you already have a law masters however i think you'll only need to do CIPD! Plus later on all you need to do is a dissertation and you can convert some to masters anyway!

Are you starting this year? I'd love to know how you find the KCL MSc because I think it's the one I will end up doing, not sure the NHS will pay for mine though :frown:
Original post by infairverona
Are you starting this year? I'd love to know how you find the KCL MSc because I think it's the one I will end up doing, not sure the NHS will pay for mine though :frown:

Yes I start tomorrow! I will let you know how it goes! Hopefully you'll be able to get a contribution if nothing else!
Original post by littlehobbit
Yes I start tomorrow! I will let you know how it goes! Hopefully you'll be able to get a contribution if nothing else!

How exciting :smile: thanks! I'm not sure, the NHS has a graduate scheme but I'm not holding out much hope to get on it (15,000 applicants for 100 places) so most likely end up self-funding
Starting an MA in HR Management in January 2015 at Uni of Hertfordshire doing it part-time :smile:

Been working in HR for 2 years now!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending