The Student Room Group

Could I have your honest opinion?

I used to sing a lot. I went to the boa-academy in Birmingham but I ended up dropping out due to lack of confidence and being told that I wasn't very good by someone.

I now really want to get back into singing. I am really passionate about music, I absolutely love it but I don't know if I'm wasting my time.

Could you give me some honest opinions internet opinions please, as I feel the only people who hear me singing are people I know and I feel like they are lying to me.

These videos are not the best quality and are kind of old, So i'm sorry.

Thank you anyone who replies.

[video="youtube;towfNxAYVd4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=towfNxAYVd4&list=UULoik6 wDBTTSonef35i_uDw[/video]
I think you're seriously good, and even if you weren't I'd never say pursing your passion was a waste of time. Do what makes you happy.
Your singing is really good, you remind me of Celia Pavey's fragile, but enchanting voice :smile:
if you are passionate about music and singing then you are not wasting your time, always follow your passion. in fact your lucky, i wish i knew what my passion is, plus you sound kind of like rihanna, and look how successful she is!
I love this song, you are seriously good at singing!
Reply 5
Hun, I think you are good :smile:, hun I am a great believer in doing what makes you happy so pursue your passion:smile:.
Original post by AliceAG
I used to sing a lot. I went to the boa-academy in Birmingham but I ended up dropping out due to lack of confidence and being told that I wasn't very good by someone.

I now really want to get back into singing. I am really passionate about music, I absolutely love it but I don't know if I'm wasting my time.

Could you give me some honest opinions internet opinions please, as I feel the only people who hear me singing are people I know and I feel like they are lying to me.

[video="youtube;towfNxAYVd4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=towfNxAYVd4&list=UULoik6 wDBTTSonef35i_uDw[/video]

:O.....
thats amazing stuff kid.
keep it up that voice would sell records!
Brilliant! :smile:
Original post by AliceAG

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Your singing is really good, you remind me of Celia Pavey's fragile, but enchanting voice :smile:
anyone know what song it is:?
Original post by trustmeimlying1
anyone know what song it is:?

Yes, it's "Samson" by Regina Spektor
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Yes, it's "Samson" by Regina Spektor

cheers...tis gorgeous

straight to the top of the basmentcharts:biggrin:
A little bit of my background before I give an opinion so you know I have an idea from a semi professional standard.
I've done acting since I was able to join the clubs and I've had years of group/duet/solo singing practice in front of a paying theatre audience.
That also means professional musicians for the band ect.

Honest opinion about your singing in that song?

if that is you in the video singing if mention that you need to practise your sustain with holding notes and it sounds that if you were aiming to sing in sharp then you only just missed it.
I'd prefer of the backing track want in the foreground as we can't hear you properly as you don't have a forceful voice.
Overall your singing needs practice but I feel that you are more skilled than quite a few people i've worked with, just do practise every few days and possibly get the help of someone who plays an instrument or if you have a piano to press and hold the note while you try and reach that note.
I'd say go right ahead if you can put your emotions into singing you may be able to pull off a solo career. I wouldn't mind listening to more songs like that out I could try and write you one if you want lol although i'm more into poems but worth a shot.

But yeah, if you have the drive I can see it working well if you are at the right place right time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending