The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Applying to two postgrad courses at Cambridge

Has anyone applied to two postgrad courses at Cambridge? I'm interested in the Diploma in Economics and the MPhil in Finance.

I read this on the website: "You can apply to as many courses as you wish, but you must complete a separate application form, upload all supporting documents, and pay the relevant application fee for each application you make."

Would applying to multiple courses affect my chances of getting each offer in a negative way? Is it possible to get multiple offers?

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Also, as the two courses are not directly related, would I need my reference providers to write a reference for each course?

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
It's fine to apply to two different courses, it shouldn't affect your chances at all and it is possible to get multiple offers (someone on here last year had two offers that were from different colleges - he preferred one course but another college and was having difficulty choosing!)

Each application will generate a separate reference request so you'll need to warn your referees to expect this - they probably should write course-specific references (also take note of the two-week deadline for responding to these and check your referees are actually available at that time!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending