The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Changing course and/or electives

Hey everyone,

so I originally applied to do Literature at Sussex. This was only because my history teacher told me it was A) easier to get into and B) universities let students change courses all the time, so it would be easier to get accepted into Literature and then ask to change in the first week of arriving.

But I can't find any actual evidence of this anywhere >.>, and it's making me feel abit silly that I didn't properly investigate it BEFORE I applied anyway. But basically, I've actually f*cked up twice; because I assumed I was changing my course, for my electives I just kept the defaults and now I'm worried I won't be able to change them either! D: (not a huge problem tbh but yeah)

basically would it be an easy process to change English Literature to English Lit & History combined, and if not is there a process where you can change your electives?
Original post by MichaelB6
Hey everyone,

so I originally applied to do Literature at Sussex. This was only because my history teacher told me it was A) easier to get into and B) universities let students change courses all the time, so it would be easier to get accepted into Literature and then ask to change in the first week of arriving.

But I can't find any actual evidence of this anywhere >.>, and it's making me feel abit silly that I didn't properly investigate it BEFORE I applied anyway. But basically, I've actually f*cked up twice; because I assumed I was changing my course, for my electives I just kept the defaults and now I'm worried I won't be able to change them either! D: (not a huge problem tbh but yeah)

basically would it be an easy process to change English Literature to English Lit & History combined, and if not is there a process where you can change your electives?

Hey, just giving this thread a little bump in the hopes someone will see it and reply :smile:

Have you found University Connect yet? It's super useful for finding other people on your course/at your university! :smile:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending