The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
selena_49
about the clinical thing though, a family friend of ours is a doctor at one of the hospitals kings students go to for clinicals and he said he thought kings students were really well informed and had a much better knowledge than lots of students from other medical schools.

That's good to know.

By the way, when i was looking at the timetable in the mycampus booklet i saw maths as one of the lectures, is that right?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 21
i think thats for the 6 year medicine couse where you do a year of science alevel type stuff and then go onto medicine following that, cant remembr what its called like medicine with a foundation year or something. most people do just 5/6year mbbs (6 if bsc aswell).
Reply 22
hehe...im also a kings medic to be!......im quite excited......does anyone know if we get classed at the end of the year or do we get like merits and passes and stuff????
Reply 23
rahmed
By the way, when i was looking at the timetable in the mycampus booklet i saw maths as one of the lectures, is that right?

Timetable? Hmm...never saw that...I'll shall have a look :smile:

[email protected]
Don't have a myspace, or rather, I don't use it anymore. woofz.deviantart.com or woofz.bebo.com is probably better :smile:
Reply 24
The timetable is a bit confusing to be honest (in the book), but i have attached a pic of it. It's on page 32.

By the way, did anyone else apply late for the student loan and grant stuff?
About grading, no you dnt get classed like 1:1, its only pass or fail. But you are ranked, and the top 14% out of x>400 (i think this year) inc. GPEP, foundation, EMDP students, get a special Merit award, and you get other awards aswell such as biochemestry award for the top 1/2/3students (depends).
Reply 26
rahmed
The timetable is a bit confusing to be honest (in the book), but i have attached a pic of it. It's on page 32.

By the way, did anyone else apply late for the student loan and grant stuff?

yeah the maths thing is for the foundation course i think the page opposite is for mbbs, look for the bit with medicine mbbs at the top most of the lectures are like intro to disection, intro to anatomy etc etc is on one of the right hand pages i think, perhaps on righthand collumn?
Reply 27
oh i see, ok
Reply 28
has anyone else realised how much we have to cover in the first 6 weeks? That folder contains enough for AS and A2 put together.

Latest