The Student Room Group

Remark or not?

I am 1 UMS off an A grade in GCSE German. These were my UMS marks for the individual units. Do you think it will be beneficial for me to request a remark and if so on which unit? Can coursework be remarked?
Unit 1 - 42/60 (B)
Unit 2 - 47/60 (B)
Unit 3 - 71/90 (B)
Unit 4 - 79/90 (A)
If you're only after 1 UMS I say you take the shot, theres no harm in trying besides there is no A-/B+ system here in the UK (at GCSE as far as I know). Sounds like you could pick up a mark or two and bounce up to an A overall.
As for Coursework, I think its a bit of a grey area. Sorry can't help with that one.

Remember, you've already failed if you never try something.
Reply 2
Original post by YashG14
I am 1 UMS off an A grade in GCSE German. These were my UMS marks for the individual units. Do you think it will be beneficial for me to request a remark and if so on which unit? Can coursework be remarked?
Unit 1 - 42/60 (B)
Unit 2 - 47/60 (B)
Unit 3 - 71/90 (B)
Unit 4 - 79/90 (A)

I'd go for it :smile: I'm not sure what the units were but i'd probably go for speaking or writing as they are more subjective than the actual reading and listening exams(if it's the same as GCSE Spanish).

The deadline was the 20th though /:
Reply 3
Original post by YashG14
Unit 1 - 42/60 (B)
Unit 2 - 47/60 (B)
Unit 3 - 71/90 (B)
Unit 4 - 79/90 (A)

Just realised this was posted a week ago...if you did go for the remark then good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending