The Student Room Group

What is the EASIEST AS level and A level to do?/? helpp

Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by STUDYREVISE
I am planning to do: Biology and Chemistry as well as a language
What is an easy A Level to do, perhaps linking with medicine/optometry.
Is business studies really as easy as people say it is?
I do enjoy ICT and Geography, however I want to do an easy option.
I understand that no A level is easy, however via personal experience, please shed some light on the easiest OR most enjoyable a level to do.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks :smile:

Business is imo one of the hardest - for me ICT would be the easiest....but really boring
Maths is the easiest by far because you can self test endlessly on every question. You can not get that immediate marking / feedback in most other subjects.
Reply 3
There really is no 'easy' A-level.

I'm applying for medicine and I do RS (philo + ethics) as a non-sciencey subject, and I really enjoy it so would definitely recommend. But it is by no means easy! It needs a lot of extra reading and independent work to learn enough material for good essays etc, a lot harder than gcse rs! So my advice would be to do something you know you'll enjoy - you'll actually want to work hard at it, and will definitely do better at a subject that may be difficult but you still enjoy it than an 'easy' subject that you hate!
Reply 4
I understand that no A level is easy, however via personal experience, please shed some light on the easiest OR most enjoyable a level to do.

There is no "easy" A-Level. Some people find maths to be extremely easy whereas others find it to be one of the hardest A-Levels. It's different for each student so just choose something which you enjoy and it'll will seem easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I did business studies AS and trust me, it's the easiest thing in the world! I got a high B without revising or concentrating in lessons, and literally did SO MUCH revision for bio and chem in comparison!
Reply 6
Thanks.
What do you generally do in ICT. is there more coursework or exam? what are the exams and coursework about? generally, is coursework worth more in percentage or exams?

Dunno - it was mind-numbingly easy and boring so I took computer science
If you love art and have creative flair in your blood, or love music in all its forms and is part of your soul, then these can seem like an extension of rest and recreation rather than hard work.

However, if you don't have that ability, they will seem like the hardest subjects ever with the highest workload and worst results outcome.

Change the subjects for maths and physics and the same applies.

One persons hard work is another's walk in the park and everyone is different. If you are good at something and you like the subject, you will find it easier. Pick a subject you loathe and watch the motivation evaporate into waste of time.
Reply 8
Wow!
What do you generally learn about in business studies?

We learnt about setting up a business, and managing a business, so like financing your own business, people in organisations (how to motivate/ recruit them) and you have to learn a few formulas for that. In the exam you get a case study and they ask questions from that, analyse it well and pick out some points backed up with theory and you should do pretty decent :smile:
Reply 9
As neutral person i'd say business. However if you're better at something or more interested in it that will be easier. What are you interested in?
Reply 10
Reflecting on my AS year, I'd have to say Economics AS was relatively easy really considering 1/3 of the paper was multiple choice questions. Not saying it's easy in general, just compared to a lot of other subjects. However it's harder at A level because there's no multiple choice :cry:
Economics is a popsicle but aside from that maths maybe?
Reply 12
I did AS psychology alongside bio chem and maths and I found it quite easy :smile: it really depends where your skills lie though- I have quite a good memory so I found psychology quite easy because its just memorization. Other people may find a subject like English really easy because they're good at essays (I'm not so I would have found this v.difficult!)

Honestly chances are if you enjoy the subject and are interested in it you will do well regardless of its 'difficulty'!

ICT is easy, Business is also slightly easy but not as easy as ICT. The easiest I'd say relating to Medicine is A-Level Applied Science but that's pointless if you're already doing Biology and Chemistry.

If you want to go CRAZY easy then Citizenship Studies, Sociology, Media Studies, Health and Social Care, Communication & Culture...
In my opinion Maths is the easiest as you can just look at past papers and the questions are somewhat similar every year and it's easy to self teach maths you just need a little bit of natural talent (maybe A or above at GCSE)

Another option is ICT if you want to spend a LOT of time on an A level, but time does mean good grade in that A level... coursework is easy just takes a long time to get decent marks for.
Thanks. Maths is not my strongest subject. Although I am predicted an A in Maths GCSE, I don't think I would be able to do Maths at AS or A2.
ICT, on the other hand, is one of my favourite subjects where I continuously display my passion for the subject through the grades I have achieved throughout the years.
I understand that you have stressed on how time consuming it will be at A Level, however, do you know if there is generally more Coursework to do or more Exams to sit? Computing is not something I am interested in, ICT is though.
Did you yourself take ICT at AS or A2? If so, what grades did you achieve?

I'm currently in year 13 studying maths, Accounting and ICT.

I did AS ICT and got a B...

my course was 66% coursework and i think most are too i did edexcel.

I got for the 2 courseworks: 66% and 72% which is a C and a B

In the exam I got 89% which is a pretty good A, I don't like coursework I was pretty lazy and just couldn't be bothered really, the exam was super easy though it was mostly calculations on excel which i'm decent at. But definitely take ICT if you like it and have a passion for it, you will do well!

Quick Reply

Latest