The Student Room Group

Travellers Worldwide advice please!

Hi,

I asked this before but just in case there's any new people looking at this forum i thought i'd ask again cos i only got 1 response last time!

Anyway i just wondered if anyone had been on a gap year project with Travellers Worldwide and could tell me what they thought of them. Any responses would be great.

cheers
Reply 2
If you are planning a trip to China,
http://www.chinawanderings.com may help you.
Reply 3
you lucky thing

i am currently in argentina (Bs Aires) doing some stuff for travellers

i can tell you a bit about travellers here but it may well be the case that things are organised differently depending on who your representatives are in that country. Now here, we have some relatively lazy reps, which has in itself caused antagonism with the travellers crew here, because some of the organisation of teaching placements can be a touch haphazard, e.g. insufficient information to know what to prepare, sometimes absent students (i havent suffered this fate possibly owing to the fact that i registered to stay for three months, whereas others had to get back to start uni, so did less and i think this is maybe a reason i have worked on some relatively enjoyable placements). You ought to ask some more specific questions, but basically you may have the same feeling as me as being slightly underwhelmed by the sophistication of the whole travellers operation and then think well hang on wtf did i pay money to volunteer, but then in reality the reason you did so was because trying to organise teaching is bloody difficult, if you dont know people, ans when its your first large travelling experience. Urr..what else, well again, in my particular case the spanish lessons i have been provided with are great, my problem is that i am english and thus predisposed towards incompetence when it comes to languages (including my own), however this is somewhat exacerbated when you opt, as i did, to stay in a solely english speaking hostel (if you have the intention of learning the native tongue to coin a stupid phrase, then try to stay with a host family, if possible). Now i could carry on ranting for ages, but i will do so if you have specific questions about travellers, but a final thought...my sister and i are a relatively similar mind set, and we both did travellers placements i think we were both atouch underwhelmed by the teaching (only a touch in my case, mind, it has been interesting) then the city you are in is key, so being in Bs As, for me has been great, whereas she was staying in a ****ty little brazil tourist town, and she got bored quickly...clearly you will have your city booked, and therefore this last piece of advice is uselesss but there you go.
Reply 4
I'm going with travellersworldwide to South Africa next year - they seem to be pretty reliable so far...I hope they are anyway!

Latest