The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Chester applicants 2015

Thought I'd start a thread for 2015 entrants who are hoping to go to Chester. I'm Ashleigh, 22 and hoping to study animal behaviour. I've started my application already, we're doing personal statements next week. I'll be putting Chester as my firm. Either Liverpool or MMU as insurance.

Sorry if this is too early!

Connect to University of Chester here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi Ashley!
I'm Kat (Katrina) I'm looking to study at Chester in 2015 also as my firm. Uncertain for my insurance yet though as not many universities offer Tourism and Marketing which what I am looking to study. I'm going to the Chester Open Day on the 11th though because I live so far away. I've finished my Personal Statement, just hunting for my GCSE results certificates now so I can fill that section.
Hope your application is going well!
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Hey Kat! Nice to see another Chester applicant. I'd love to go to the open day but I don't think I'll be able to afford travel because I'm going on holiday in November.

I haven't decided on my insurance yet but I hope it isn't necessary because I've fallen in love with Chester lol.

I've got 2 paragraphs done and I'm on a roll so that should be finished by this week. Also have to hoak out my certificates because I can't remember the awarding body!

Thanks :smile: I hope your application goes well and might see you there next year!
Hi, Ashleigh and Kat I'm Donisha. I am also applying to study at Chester for the year 2015. But choose to study Sociology and Criminology. Chester is definitely my first choice and I really love the Uni so far(from what I have been reading about it on the site😉). I can't make it to open day due to me living to far away, but I am hoping to visit soon.
I finished my personal statement already, it took me a long time but I finally got it done and I am very satisfy with it so far.

I do hope we all get accepted into Chester and I hope to see you there next year.
Hey Donisha! I'm interested in criminology, not as a career but I find the subject fascinating :smile:

yeah from what I've researched already, Chester sounds amazing and all my tutors recommend it.

I'm handing in my personal statement tomorrow but I don't think it'll need changing. Hopefully anyway!
Hopefully. All the best with your application and I do hope we can keep in touch

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah that'd be great. It would be nice to know some people who are going to chester beforehand :smile:
Yes it would be great. Are you planning on staying in accommodations?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Hey again guys!
I sent off my application last night, just waiting for my tutors reference now before it's 'properly' sent off.
I'll have to stay in accommodation really seeing as I live just over 3 hours away :')
Fingers crossed. A long wait I know but still exciting
Yeah I've had a look online at Hollybank Court and John Milton Hall. I'd like either of those, I like the freedom of my own bathroom and being able to cook rather than be in catered halls. What about you?
I am also planning on staying in accommodations and I do like the sound of having my own bathroom and being able to cook my own food. Self-cater sounds a whole lot better for me. Hopefully we end up flatmates or stay in the same accommodation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey Kat! Great about getting your application done! Finished my personal statement so tutor is reading over it and will get feedback tomorrow or next week on that. I live in Northern Ireland so definitely need accommodation xD it seems like a long wait but we'll be starting soon enough :biggrin:
@kmile95 awesome. All the best with your application. And I am waiting on reference for my application as well hoping to send it off by next week the latest. Hopefully...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah it sounds a lot better for me as well. I've been cooking for myself for several years so it would be weird to go into catered accommodation. That would be really cool!
Same here. Well I am from the Islands so we learn how to cook island food and I am use to cooking for myself as well. And yes it would be awesome!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm applying for Literature and CW here - :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awesome... How is your application going so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sheshe1423
Awesome... How is your application going so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good thankyou - should be ready to send next week!
How is your application going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's going good.. I actually finished but will be sending mine off on Monday of next week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sheshe1423
It's going good.. I actually finished but will be sending mine off on Monday of next week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome :smile: best of luck with your application! What are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending