The Student Room Group

Computer Science university help

Ok i posted this because i was wondering if i had a chance to go to university and study computer science. This is what the university want "Mathematics or Computing preferred at grade B. If GCSE grade B Mathematics is not offered, higher A level grades will be required. Mathematics preferred." in my GCSE's i got 6b's including English and maths and science core and 2 c's, Furthermore for my a-levels and i just finished them with law(C),computing(B),maths c, economics d. no maths is the problem i didn't get a b in the a-level so im not sure. however i did get the 320 UCAS point required. Any idea if i can do it,any help would be appreciated
Original post by shayankurdboy
Ok i posted this because i was wondering if i had a chance to go to university and study computer science. This is what the university want "Mathematics or Computing preferred at grade B. If GCSE grade B Mathematics is not offered, higher A level grades will be required. Mathematics preferred." in my GCSE's i got 6b's including English and maths and science core and 2 c's, Furthermore for my a-levels and i just finished them with law(C),computing(B),maths c, economics d. no maths is the problem i didn't get a b in the a-level so im not sure. however i did get the 320 UCAS point required. Any idea if i can do it,any help would be appreciated

Moving this to a more suitable forum where you'll hopefully get a reply :h:
Reply 2
Original post by shayankurdboy

Firstly, in the bolded statement it states "If GCSE grade B Mathematics is not offered" only then will they require ALevel grades for maths. Even having stated that they did not state they required a B in ALevel Mathematics either. I would phone the admissions of the universities you are planning to apply to, they are there to help you and will certainly give a better idea than most on this forum will as it is their job to help students apply correctly to the university. You have the UCAS points, I would confirm with them and then in your personal statement use examples of your subjects as to why they are relevant for Computer Science.

If you need any additional help, dont hesitate to ask :smile: but phone admissions!

Quick Reply

Latest