The Student Room Group

Decline of Grade - Urgent Question :$

Hey I've got a problem, my AS results for maths and physics were D and E. If I decline these grades what am I going to put on my UCAS for AS results? Do the universities not want to know what results you have achived at AS level? I hope to boost my grades to Bs and Cs as my first year didnt go too well so should I decline? If I don't decline? I am soo confusedd on what to do please helpppp

Thank uu
If you decline the grades, you just put 'pending' on your UCAS form. If you don't, you have to put your grades. So if you don't want the unis you're applying to to see your AS grades, decline them.
Hate to hijack the thread, but do you put pending on your ucas form if one of the papers is still being marked?
Reply 3
good question mate, take it its a remark, yer you can decline that after 2 weeks.

back to the thread starter, decline them mate, but if youre other results are good then if you put pending for 2 and not anything for other 2 wont that make it look suspicious to unis. Am i right kellywood?
Reply 4
C in ICT and A in italian? You think they wud get sus? :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Will pending not affect the application? like discrimination? Or is it all up to a very good Personal Statement and a good reference? Uni entry requirements Im looking at are around the Bs and Cs.
Reply 6
???
xrayzulu
Will pending not affect the application? like discrimination? Or is it all up to a very good Personal Statement and a good reference? Uni entry requirements Im looking at are around the Bs and Cs.

If it's not your school's policy to decline AS grades, unis will know you didn't do as well as you were hoping, but they realise that a lot of students haven't reached their full potential by the end of AS, so A-level predictions, personal statement and reference are also very important.
giggsy
back to the thread starter, decline them mate, but if youre other results are good then if you put pending for 2 and not anything for other 2 wont that make it look suspicious to unis. Am i right kellywood?

If 2 of the grades were cashed in and 2 were declined, then yes, it would be obvious to unis that that the student hadn't done very well in those that were declined.

Latest

Trending

Trending