The Student Room Group

Can I apply to an AAA Uni with my grades?

I have just been predicted A*AB for A2, grades which are very obtainable for me. Would it be clever to apply for an AAA uni or will I be rejected straight away? Or shall I just stick to applying to <AAB unis
Reply 1
BUMP
It certainly wouldn't be unrealistic to apply to one or two AAA unis if your other choices are AAB or lower.
Try emailing the uni to see what they say, some are more flexible than others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by bluebeetle
It certainly wouldn't be unrealistic to apply to one or two AAA unis if your other choices are AAB or lower.
Try emailing the uni to see what they say, some are more flexible than others.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much :smile:)
Go for it.
Original post by Willburrr
I have just been predicted A*AB for A2, grades which are very obtainable for me. Would it be clever to apply for an AAA uni or will I be rejected straight away? Or shall I just stick to applying to <AAB unis

One tactic is to apply for 2-3 universities at first including at least one AAA and see what response you get.

However, if the AAA unis give you an offer then that will be the level they want. If you get AAA or better, then you don't have a problem; if you achieve your predicted grades of A*AB then your fate is out of your hands. It will depend on how many applicants have met their requirements, how many spaces are still available, and how you have performed compared to others in the 'near miss' category.
Reply 6
Apply for 2/3 AAAs then 2 AABs and 1 ABB (worst case scenario)

Good luck!
Reply 7
Original post by h.os
Apply for 2/3 AAAs then 2 AABs and 1 ABB (worst case scenario)

Good luck!

That sounds like a plan, cheers :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by ageshallnot
One tactic is to apply for 2-3 universities at first including at least one AAA and see what response you get.

However, if the AAA unis give you an offer then that will be the level they want. If you get AAA or better, then you don't have a problem; if you achieve your predicted grades of A*AB then your fate is out of your hands. It will depend on how many applicants have met their requirements, how many spaces are still available, and how you have performed compared to others in the 'near miss' category.

Ah, okay. Thanks for the info and I will probably look at doing that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending