The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

airsoft society

hi set this up for hull uni airsoft fans and those wants to get into the world.

been looking up at the student union societies for hull uni and couldn't find one. funnily enough im a newbie myself and would like to get into the world of airsoft and also as a noob it would be silly to start an airsoft society.

I was wondering if there's any seasoned airsofters interested enough to form a society?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm a noob myself and never had the chance to try, but I would totally join an airsoft society!

Actually we have quite a lot of space outside which we could transform in a nice combat area without spending to go outside Hull.

I'm not sure if it is seen as a popular/interesting sport by most, maybe paintball is an easier way to gather people.

We definitely need someone expert to start the society though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Also a noob :biggrin: I think this is a great idea, I would definitely join. Let's hope it gets up and running :smile:
http://hullstudent.com/activities/societies/start-a-society

This might be helpful for you, to help you start one up. I believe there is a minimum number of members (who pay the Β£4 to join) you need to get initially for it to become a society but unfortunately I don't know what that number is.

Also, for anyone looking for a society to join or to see if one already exists, here is a list of existing societies. In previous years it cost Β£4 to join a society for the year and Β£25 per sports club though you have to pay an extra Β£5 for the first sports club you join for insurance. (So basically it costs Β£30 to join one sports club, then Β£25 for any ones you join after that). Sports ones cost more because they use equipment and stuff. The prices might change slightly with the new academic year but I doubt they will change massively.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Midnight Star
I believe there is a minimum number of members (who pay the Β£4 to join) you need to get initially for it to become a society but unfortunately I don't know what that number is.

The minimum is 15 paying (not necessarily active) members.
Reply 5
Really glad I found this thread! I'm really interested in giving airsoft a go, I've tried paintballing but I found the guns you use in paintballing are so clunky and unreliable.

Edit - Ill be starting this year
Reply 6
well paintball airsoft laser tag why not put it in one banner as I don't mind any shooters I would do plus more audience. if we can met up at some point or ask the societies if they are willing to support us newbies to start and lead this society
I'm a 3rd year but I'd be interested in this :smile:
Reply 8
if we are forming one as newbies I suggest to try airsoft first before forming a group so we can get some experience with the sport.
Reply 9
Yeah, I would also like chance to try out the sport before I go ahead a spend money on airsoft equipment of my own.
Well as a club, you get some funding plus money from people joining. I'm not sure if this would be classed as a society or a sports club, I'm thinking the latter so you should be able to buy some club equipment.
Reply 11
well im a home student and im starting uni by next week, anyone wanna meet up?
You may have seen post around airsoft forums from the past by a person named clown, that's me. To start a society/AU team we would need 15 members including the 4 committee members, I am currently in contact with the union to decide (insurance-wise) if an airsoft club would be classed as an AU team or a society.

If the club was classed as a society there would be a Β£4 joining fee but the club could get funding (more than an AU team because AU teams are usually sponsored by a company), whereas if the club was classed as an AU team the joining fee would be Β£25. Regardless of the joining fee the union would give me excess and training to use the minibus for events.

Myself and 4 others that I know of want to set up a team.
Reply 13
Original post by tank_clown
You may have seen post around airsoft forums from the past by a person named clown, that's me. To start a society/AU team we would need 15 members including the 4 committee members, I am currently in contact with the union to decide (insurance-wise) if an airsoft club would be classed as an AU team or a society.

If the club was classed as a society there would be a Β£4 joining fee but the club could get funding (more than an AU team because AU teams are usually sponsored by a company), whereas if the club was classed as an AU team the joining fee would be Β£25. Regardless of the joining fee the union would give me excess and training to use the minibus for events.

Myself and 4 others that I know of want to set up a team.

great im fine joining as a member or a committee member as long as im not the leader. im a mechanical and medical engineer so I have a busy schedule, if we are going to meet I would suggest after uni. currently im free after 3:15 on a Wednesday, not sure on Thursday and after 5:15 on Friday or earlier.
its best to give me your contact details or ask me for contact details to better coordinate this meet and greet.
Reply 14
Me and my housemate would like to join if this gets going.
So we're 8 already, count up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
sounds good, i've set up a facebook group called "University Of Hull Airsoft Society" if you request to join it i'll add anyone who want to join. i can keep everyone informed and set up any meetings. by the way the names tim kelly
Reply 16
the names jeff Fernandez btw, can you also give me the link because it didn't show up on facebook thanks
sorry here you go
[link removed by mod. Use PM]
Reply 18
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah just send me it by private message
Reply 19
Send the link to me too pls, or make the group public so we can see it.

Quick Reply

Latest