The Student Room Group

Don't know what to do.

I really thought I wanted to become a doctor. Today my geography teacher said I would be lucky to scrape a couple of C's in my exams. I'm really upset because my other teachers say I could get some A's and A* I'm starting to think I'm not good enough to get into medical school when I'm older. Yet this I something I really wanted to do. I don't know what to do. Any advice?
(edited 9 years ago)
You doing GCSE's, as or a levels

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Padster222
You doing GCSE's, as or a levels

Posted from TSR Mobile

GCSE's
As long as you get decent grades (around 6 a's) 3a's at a level and a 650+ ukcat you will get interviews

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
As long as you get decent grades (around 6 a's) 3a's at a level and a 650+ ukcat you will get interviews

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for replying. Just been told he is a horrible teacher and he always puts students down. I also talked to my English and Science teacher last night and they looked at my grades in all subjects. They say I'm doing good and I shouldn't worry.
You just need good ukcat your academia is good by the sounds of it. Ukcat is so different though so be careful with it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
You just need good ukcat your academia is good by the sounds of it. Ukcat is so different though so be careful with it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks and I will be careful
Don't let someone else let you down!
I've posted on some other threads that "you don't know how great you are."
Don't let someone tell you that you can't make it.

There are great techniques and you are on the right track.
You have lots of time to learn the ropes and master such study techniques :smile:
If you need more help just PM me :smile:

I'm here to help!

EDIT:
In fact, my teacher in vocational school told me to not get my A-Levels and funny thing is that I graduated from university and they offered me a scholarship. Anything is possible!
(edited 9 years ago)
I was told there was next to no chance of me even going to 6th form and i'm here now & applying to medicine next year so don't give up & work really hard xx
Reply 9
Things like that only make me more determined.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending