The Student Room Group

Student ID but no photo ID

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ~Joshua
The problem with the NUS cards is that they aren't PASS certified, meaning that that they can't be used as proof of age.

Ah, apologies :s-smilie:
Was worth a try I guess.

Would the Citizencard also get you into ID events then? I'd seen a leaflet for them ages ago but I kinda dismissed it as .. "dodgy" tbh. :argh:
Reply 21
Original post by Exodecai
Ah, apologies :s-smilie:
Was worth a try I guess.

Would the Citizencard also get you into ID events then? I'd seen a leaflet for them ages ago but I kinda dismissed it as .. "dodgy" tbh. :argh:

They are supposed to be accepted but some bouncers don't, apparently because they are much easier to fake compared to a driver's licence / passport. YMMV. :smile:
Original post by ~Joshua
They are supposed to be accepted but some bouncers don't, apparently because they are much easier to fake compared to a driver's licence / passport. YMMV. :smile:

I might get one myself then. Waiting for my first passport still. This is what the actual site says about the bouncers refusing them:
Chief Constable Adrian Lee, on behalf of ACPO, endorsed the new design and has written to fellow Chief Constables advising that if the card is refused in bars or clubs the police must investigate. The police advise that passports should not be used as proof of age and the DVLA oppose driving licences being used for this purpose either.
:argh:
Reply 23
I might get one myself then. Waiting for my first passport still. This is what the actual site says about the bouncers refusing them:

That's interesting, I've refrained from getting one in case it's not accepted, but with the new design and push for them to be accepted it might be worth a punt.
I was in the exact same situation only a few weeks ago and had to pay an absolute fortune to get a new passport!
Reply 25
Original post by ~Joshua
Does it mention any specific photo ID? You can send an urgent application for a CitizenCard which will take 1-2 working days, but it costs £30 rather than £15. If you're local to London you can also have your application processed within an hour if you arrange a face-to-face meeting with them.

"You must be enrolled and provide proof of identity, for example, a passport, bus pass, driving licence, UK ID card or other photo id before your card is issued:"

=] I guess I could try the citizen one. Thanks
Reply 26

In practice, this is far from the truth. I've had friends who have been rejected entry into clubs because they had a PASS ID and not a driver's licence/ passport.
Reply 27
OH son of a >=] how am I supposed to get my doctor to sign a stupid copy of my birth certificate

It's nothing like that in reality, most places only take driving licences or passports, and often shine a UV light on them to check for forgery, which can't be done on other forms of ID. I'd recommend anyone who needs a form of photo identification to apply for a provisional driving licence if possible, even if they have no intention of driving.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending