Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Jubilee Campus on Fire?!?!? :'( :'( :'(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KassiaElizabeth
I'm actually on the verge of tears

SAME HERE! how did you find out about this?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Fenrirs_space
This was from as close as we could get, about an hour in to the fire.

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh my god...., i am absolutely horrified.i was supposed to be moving in next week :frown:
Original post by moonriver96
SAME HERE! how did you find out about this?

Sirens and a peculiar glow in my window!

Original post by Fenrirs_space
This was from as close as we could get, about an hour in to the fire.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Were you one of the guys jumping the fences behind the rose and crown? :tongue:

Anyways here's the edited version of my commute home this evening...

[video="youtube;vbCJLPErRSY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbCJLPErRSY&feature=yout u.be[/video]
Reply 23
glad I didn't apply nottingham but das scary
oh my god...., i am absolutely horrified.i was supposed to be moving in next week :frown:

It's not the accommodation blocks! It's the GSK-sponsored sustainable chemistry laboratory they were building, it was nearly finished as well. So far as we know the rest is OK :smile:
Original post by alex193
It's not the accommodation blocks! It's the GSK-sponsored sustainable chemistry laboratory they were building, it was nearly finished as well. So far as we know the rest is OK :smile:

what are you serious? :eek: omg i'm so relieved! i mean, wow that's bad for the chem labs but.., hey phew!
what are you serious? :eek: omg i'm so relieved! i mean, wow that's bad for the chem labs but.., hey phew!

The new development isn't attached to anything else and they'r doing everything to try and stop it from spreading :smile: Now if the whole campus had gone up in flames, I wouldn't be sitting here right now haha

Edit - building chemistry labs out of wood. Not even once.
Original post by alex193
The new development isn't attached to anything else and they'r doing everything to try and stop it from spreading :smile: Now if the whole campus had gone up in flames, I wouldn't be sitting here right now haha

Edit - building chemistry labs out of wood. Not even once.

oh ok lol. thanks for that :smile:
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1410590598.109420.jpg

From the webcam this morning. Looks like it's FUBAR sadly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alex193

Were you one of the guys jumping the fences behind the rose and crown? :tongue:

Ha nah, went in through Jubilee campus, was watching from the Aspire sculpture

Original post by alex193
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1410590598.109420.jpg

From the webcam this morning. Looks like it's FUBAR sadly

Posted from TSR Mobile

Such a shame. It was looking to be a great building, had gone on a run past it quite a few times recently :frown:
Reply 30
I was split between Cardiff and Nottingham for chemistry, and this green chemistry building was apparently going to be used a lot. In a way I was fortunate that I ended up in Cardiff. I wonder how the Chem students, old and new will feel.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not phew.. I'm supposed to move to notts next week to start my chemistry degree....

Original post by TheNote
I was split between Cardiff and Nottingham for chemistry, and this green chemistry building was apparently going to be used a lot. In a way I was fortunate that I ended up in Cardiff. I wonder how the Chem students, old and new will feel.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Feeling devastated obviously but notts are determined to get through it.

Spoiler

As awful as it is, at least it didn't happen in few weeks when we were all there!
Reply 33
Yeah I'm a new PhD student and we were meant to be based there when it was completed, really disappointing but at least it didn't spread and nobody was hurt. Looks like they're planning to rebuild it at some point.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending