The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iulz
I did indeed! As it turns they emailed me yesterday asking for a photocopy of my residence permit "for their records." Did you receive any such email?

Well, my situation is a bit different. I grew up in Asia being dual citizen to Europe and asia with both parents living in their respective countries. Although for the past 4 years, Ive been living in UK to study. This, in my understanding would've allowed me to be classed as part of EU/UK fees which is one of the main reasons why I tried to apply here. Other unis classed me as home fees which is great but QM just got back to me today saying they classed me as an international student! Which is quite a blow..as QM is my first choice and being classed as Intl makes chances tighter!

Would it be wise to ask to be reconsidered? I wouldnt want to be a nag to administration!!
Original post by WannabeDoctor03
I don't feel that my interview went exceedingly badly, but I couldn't really tell how they felt about me or my answers. :frown:

They didn't really smile much, but they were very polite. Although, I am 97% certain that the Med student on my panel fell asleep in the middle of my interview and began snoring!! :s-smilie:

I'm not going to lie, I absolutely love Barts; the atmosphere, the area, the people (sans the sleepy med student) and the accommodation make it perfect for me.

I will be so heartbroken if I don't get in. :frown:

I absolutely would be, too:sadnod:
Reply 1722
Original post by giozahar
Well, my situation is a bit different. I grew up in Asia being dual citizen to Europe and asia with both parents living in their respective countries. Although for the past 4 years, Ive been living in UK to study. This, in my understanding would've allowed me to be classed as part of EU/UK fees which is one of the main reasons why I tried to apply here. Other unis classed me as home fees which is great but QM just got back to me today saying they classed me as an international student! Which is quite a blow..as QM is my first choice and being classed as Intl makes chances tighter!

Would it be wise to ask to be reconsidered? I wouldnt want to be a nag to administration!!

What, that seems really funny! You have an EU passport/citizenship right? If you've lived here for 4 years and have EU passport then you should really be home fees? If other universities have deemed that you are a home student then I don't see the harm in asking them to reconsider (maybe show them proof that other universities have given you home status, as I'm pretty sure the criteria are the same at most universities?)

Full disclosure though, I'm not an expert on any of this stuff whatsoever, so maybe seek another opinion?

You can try, it shouldn't affect your application, and dw you're not nagging. Their job is to solve these issues :smile:

Although did they specify why they class you as an international student, e.g. because 4 years is too little time? If they didn't, you should start by asking them for their criteria.

I think I might know why - normally your main purpose for living in the UK for the 3 years before the 'relevant date' has to be for more than just education purposes i.e living with family, family's work.

Maybe the other Unis have classed you as Home/EU because of your EU parent's work as sometimes this can work but I'm not entirely sure regarding that so don't quote me.

None the less, email them, explain your issue and have them reply in writing so that you have it for any further issues.
Has anyone called to ask roughly when they might start sending decisions??

Waiting since the 20th January SUCKS!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LittleDonkey
Has anyone called to ask roughly when they might start sending decisions??

Waiting since the 20th January SUCKS!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mid-March from what other people on here have said..
Original post by z-kauser
Mid-March from what other people on here have said..

Yah. I didn't know if anyone had managed to get a specific date yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looking at previous threads, they usually start on the 12th?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope they hurry up, waiting is just awful and scary :frown:
They wouldv made their decision (pretty much) straight after/during our interview so why do they take so long?! Even in sending out interview invitations they took ages lol!! ah well...
I know I'm so on edge!! Waiting for three decisions, think I would be more relaxed if I had one offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They told me at my interview that they'd start sending decisions the week after the last interviews happened, so we actually could hear any time from now if that's true!
Original post by Cat1996
They told me at my interview that they'd start sending decisions the week after the last interviews happened, so we actually could hear any time from now if that's true!

Oh wow! I hope it's soon.. I just want to know either way so I can get on and plan my life!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cat1996

that would be this week right?
Original post by SSS_JJJ
that would be this week right?

Indeed it would, so hold tight guys! It may all be over sooner than we think...
Original post by WannabeDoctor03
I don't feel that my interview went exceedingly badly, but I couldn't really tell how they felt about me or my answers. :frown:

They didn't really smile much, but they were very polite. Although, I am 97% certain that the Med student on my panel fell asleep in the middle of my interview and began snoring!! :s-smilie:

I'm not going to lie, I absolutely love Barts; the atmosphere, the area, the people (sans the sleepy med student) and the accommodation make it perfect for me.

I will be so heartbroken if I don't get in. :frown:

You are obviously an individual of great discrimination :smile:
Reply 1737
Do they give out offers all on the same day?
Original post by Owl279

From previous years TSR threads, no. Seems to take a few weeks. Also, seems the track updates are usually at about 5pm!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Owl279

Nope, I'm afraid not. They seem to have a system, but I think most offers are out by the*beginning of April :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending