The Student Room Group

Bart's and the London medicine applicants 2015 entry

Poll

What is your UCAS tariff and UKCAT score ?

Hi people

I haven't found a thread for this yet so I decided to make one. This is the only place I know I will apply to atm.

A link to the 2014 admissions page:
http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/FAQs/99618.pdf :biggrin:

Edit : Added poll

Poll doesnt work for UCAS tariff and UKCAT
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Is 3A2's enough for Barts this year?
Possibly with A*A*Aa ? because others with very high tarrif points are applying. what do you think?
Original post by iqranoor
Is 3A2's enough for Barts this year?
Possibly with A*A*Aa ? because others with very high tarrif points are applying. what do you think?

I had 3A* predictions and an A at AS with 695 UKCAT and got rejected pre-interview. I think it would be inadvisable to apply! Keep the 4th Alevel, dont make the same mistake I did and drop it
I have 42 points in the IB and an extra AS, but only 640 in UKCAT.. very conflited
Reply 4
Original post by Ambitions
I had 3A* predictions and an A at AS with 695 UKCAT and got rejected pre-interview. I think it would be inadvisable to apply! Keep the 4th Alevel, dont make the same mistake I did and drop it

thanks for the advice! think I'm definitely not going to apply here then, going with the 3 a levels only, maybe looking outside london. which unis would you recommend? I'm thinking southampton or UEA
Original post by iqranoor
thanks for the advice! think I'm definitely not going to apply here then, going with the 3 a levels only, maybe looking outside london. which unis would you recommend? I'm thinking southampton or UEA

I know someone who got into UEA so that might be a good option!
and I guess it depends on your strengths.
If you have really good interview skills, then Kings or St.Georges would be a good shot.
If you have 8A*s or more for GCSEs, go for Birmingham!
If your personal statement is really good, then perhaps look at Leicester or Liverpool (everyone I know who applies there gets in but I heard its teaching isn't very good).

Search these up and apply smart! You have four choices, use it wisely :smile:
what are you stats OP?
Reply 7
Original post by NancyRoseC
what are you stats OP?

Ukcat : 692.5
Ucas predixted tarrif : minimum -700 probably -740 maximum -800
8A*1A

Hbu ?
Original post by ryanb97
Ukcat : 692.5
Ucas predixted tarrif : minimum -700 probably -740 maximum -800
8A*1A

Hbu ?

daaaamn definitely go for it! beautiful tarriff!!

UKCAT 640 Tariff 700-750. it's a long shot but I love barts so much i think i have to apply
7a*s 5as and 42 points ib
Reply 9
daaaamn definitely go for it! beautiful tarriff!!

UKCAT 640 Tariff 700-750. it's a long shot but I love barts so much i think i have to apply
7a*s 5as and 42 points ib

I remember reading for 2013 entry that you could get an interview with :
600 in the ukcat and 700 points in the ucas tariff

I think we should get interviews!

Where else are you considering ?
Original post by ryanb97
I remember reading for 2013 entry that you could get an interview with :
600 in the ukcat and 700 points in the ucas tariff

I think we should get interviews!

Where else are you considering ?

Cardiff, liverpool and bristol. although people keep saying applying to both bristol and liverpool is a bit risky but i dont know what else to do with my UKCAT!
Reply 11
Cardiff, liverpool and bristol. although people keep saying applying to both bristol and liverpool is a bit risky but i dont know what else to do with my UKCAT!

Cardiff would be risky - they had a cut off of 26/27 last year (although they say 24-25)

Hb UEA? I think you might get an auto interview at QUB. And there is also BSMS/Leeds if you want to so BMAT
Reply 12
CAN ANYONE HELP??!!

I have looked at the website regarding the tariff points.

I am a bit confused how St Barts use the tariff points
Do they use predicted grades or achieved grades for the tariff?

Can someone help me to see if I have done it correctly?
I achieved AAABB in AS (B in General Studies)
Predicted grades A*AAB in A2 and will do EPQ predicted A
FSMQ grade A
Music grade 8 pass

Predicted A*AAB=480
B in general studies AS=50
Predicted a in EPQ =60
FSMQ grade A=20
Music grade 8 pass =55

total tariff 480+50+60+20+55=665

Have I done it right or wrong?
Thanks in advance
Reply 13
Original post by lucky111

Predicted + achieved ( so everything that you will have had before starting there)

Yup that's right
Reply 14
Hey guys!

Just need a little advice please! My following stats are:

GCSEs: 11A*s
AS Grades: 4As (Maths, Chem, Bio & Economics)
Predicted A2: 4A*s
UKCAT: 633.5
Loads of work experience and extracurricular etcc

Do you think its good enough for barts ??

Thank you !!
Reply 15
Hi! I am thinking of applying to Barts. My tarrif points add up to 820 but my UKCAT score was relatively low (2530). Is there a chance I'll get an interview?

Any help is appreciated : ) Thanks!
Original post by Aristos
Hi! I am thinking of applying to Barts. My tarrif points add up to 820 but my UKCAT score was relatively low (2530). Is there a chance I'll get an interview?

Any help is appreciated : ) Thanks!

How is everyone managing to get above 700? I'm predicted A*AAAA and I only have 620 UCAS points...I got 2580 in my UKCAT...
Reply 17
Original post by Cosmocos
How is everyone managing to get above 700? I'm predicted A*AAAA and I only have 620 UCAS points...I got 2580 in my UKCAT...

Add in your AS Level results as well
Original post by Aristos
Add in your AS Level results as well

So it's Predicted A2 + Achieved AS=Total UCAS? I doubt that since AS is part of A2
Reply 19
I think you should go for UEA. Southampton would also be a good choice as mentioned. Also have a look at Kings :smile:

Latest