Predict the ps5 specs

32 core processor

64 gb of ram

A gtx 780 / or equivalent

Agree ?
Reply 1
mi name is potato
Reply 2
It probably wont be called ps5 but something like PlaystationExtraSuperPro9000. Because some new manager will think it sounds good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Let's see, if it comes out in 6-7 years then OP is probably about right on GPU equivalence, possibly RAM too. Core count, well that's harder to predict and it depends who's making it, I'm going to bet on 8-16
If other speculation that states that this will be a shorter gen, then drop down the spec some more to maybe 670/680 and only 16 or 32 RAM

Posted from TSR Mobile
I reckon it'll be 32GB of DDR4 or GDDR6. Don't think they'll go the route of multiplying the RAM by 8 like the previous succesors. 8 cores in the Jaguar CPU of the PS4 so 12-16 cores perhaps. GTX 780 seems like a good shout. The big selling point by that time will be VR and ofcourse 4K, although only a few games will actually run native 4K. 1080P/60FPS should be standard for all games by then
I don't know if it counts as tech specs, but I would expect to be just like the pre-u-turn Xbox One, and I expect Xbox 69 to be either the same or far worse.

The PS6 and beyond probably won't even have a disc drive.

Fun times ahead...
Original post by ozzyoscy
I don't know if it counts as tech specs, but I would expect to be just like the pre-u-turn Xbox One, and I expect Xbox 69 to be either the same or far worse.

The PS6 and beyond probably won't even have a disc drive.

Fun times ahead...

You really think optical media will still be alive by the end of this gen? I see it far more likely to not be part of the base model come PS5 to cut costs and be an optional extra (external of course) for those few that will by that stage still use optical media.
Original post by Jammy Duel
You really think optical media will still be alive by the end of this gen? I see it far more likely to not be part of the base model come PS5 to cut costs and be an optional extra (external of course) for those few that will by that stage still use optical media.

We have reached "peak video game".

The ps5 specs should be the same as the ps4
Original post by AbdulKoyes
I reckon it'll be 32GB of DDR4 or GDDR6. Don't think they'll go the route of multiplying the RAM by 8 like the previous succesors. 8 cores in the Jaguar CPU of the PS4 so 12-16 cores perhaps. GTX 780 seems like a good shout. The big selling point by that time will be VR and ofcourse 4K, although only a few games will actually run native 4K. 1080P/60FPS should be standard for all games by then

there is no difference in performance between 32 cores and 64 cores.

also true for 16gb and 32gb

we have reached the peak of gaming
How does someone end up replying to a 4-year-old thread??
How does someone end up replying to a 4-year-old thread??

because the ps4 is coming to an end and we are talking about the ps5
Reply 11
Original post by Nalk1573
We have reached "peak video game".

The ps5 specs should be the same as the ps4

There's still room for improvement as graphics are good but not proper lifelike yet

ps5 will improve upon ps4 but the difference wont be as big as ps1 to ps2 for example
because the ps4 is coming to an end and we are talking about the ps5

What does that have to do with you somehow finding a 4-year old thread and then posting in it?
What does that have to do with you somehow finding a 4-year old thread and then posting in it?

because i was looking for ps5 information
because i was looking for ps5 information

And you somehow ended up on a 4-year-old thread in a student forum?

Then... REPLIED to people?
And you somehow ended up on a 4-year-old thread in a student forum?

Then... REPLIED to people?

so what ?? it's free speech
so what ?? it's free speech

And my free speech is proclaiming my befuddlement at the illogical behaviour. So what?
well, was he right ?

the ps5 has hbeen announced

Quick Reply

Latest