The Student Room Group

AQA English Language A Level????!!!

I just started this course and I wanted to speak to people who have done this course in the past. Specifically about the creative writing part of it, so if anyone's done the first year of the course I'd love to speak to you please!
Reply 1
Is it English Language A or B?
Original post by Kmb123
Is it English Language A or B?

English Language B :smile:
Reply 3
Ooh what a coincidence aha that's what I've just done!
What did you want to know?
Original post by Kmb123
Ooh what a coincidence aha that's what I've just done!
What did you want to know?

Ah great!!
Just really about the original writing, can we literally write about anything? When my teacher said that, it just seemed so far fetched that there was so much freedom in what we could write haha.
What did you write about?
Reply 5
You can literally write about anything that takes your fancy. I chose to write an article for the Guardian online and a children's story book originally but my teachers weren't too keen on the children's book. Everyone in the class did totally different things and I ended up sticking with the article and then wrote another sort of article for Take a Break magazine
I think I got a high B? There's so much freedom with it but you also have to explain why you've written what you have and what techniques you've used
Reply 6
I can't find my memory stick now but I know I wrote the Guardian article in a Charlie Brooker style i.e. sarcastically, about Geordie Shore/Towie etc and then I found a picture of the magazine article I made
Wow! Thats great thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest