The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Biomedical Science at Keele

Hello :smile:
I'll be studying my first year of Biomedical Science this year and just wondering who else is doing it too? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I'll be starting Biomed this year too :smile:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
Thats cool :smile:
Are you staying in halls?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I'm over at Lindsay Court how bout you :smile:
Reply 4
Also doing biomed! What are you guys bringing in terms of resources? like just refill paper and some folders??
Reply 5
Sweet! I'll be in Hawthorns :smile:

umm, I'll be hopefully buying a Biochemistry book (can't remember the name of it) but its very useful!! And yes folders to keep paper work in and a few notebooks to record work in :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by SHINeexo
Sweet! I'll be in Hawthorns :smile:

umm, I'll be hopefully buying a Biochemistry book (can't remember the name of it) but its very useful!! And yes folders to keep paper work in and a few notebooks to record work in :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

aahh I haven't even thought about buying any textbooks yet! Do you know if/ when we choose modules
Reply 7
Original post by ajcd1
aahh I haven't even thought about buying any textbooks yet! Do you know if/ when we choose modules

Ummm, from my knowledge, we don't choose modules in first year! The modules we are taught this year are compulsory, but second and third year we get to pick?

You can double check with the teachers/tutor in 2 weeks :smile:

Also do you guys know what group you'll be in , in seminars? (You can find out on the Keele app - timetable)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Ummm, from my knowledge, we don't choose modules in first year! The modules we are taught this year are compulsory, but second and third year we get to pick?

You can double check with the teachers/tutor in 2 weeks :smile:

Also do you guys know what group you'll be in , in seminars? (You can find out on the Keele app - timetable)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good! That's what I've heard too but loads of the groups/threads were talking about electives and I got a little worried :colondollar: off my head I know I have lab sessions Friday afternoons but cant remember any group names/numbers, what's yours?? I'll go check again now :smile:
I've got a few things in regards to stationary already but its just some pens and notebooks that I have left to get really :smile: Have we not been given a reading list? I haven't seen anything so I'm guessing not.
Reply 10
Haha yes it is worrisome seeing all these other students talking about picking modules and electives! I read it and it says we pick that in second year so don't worry :smile:
Ohh okiedokie, yeah the first week doesn't mention any numbers :smile: but the on coming weeks, it states that I'll be in Group 3 for tutorial/seminar and Group B for laboratory work :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ajcd1
Good! That's what I've heard too but loads of the groups/threads were talking about electives and I got a little worried :colondollar: off my head I know I have lab sessions Friday afternoons but cant remember any group names/numbers, what's yours?? I'll go check again now :smile:

I also have lab sessions friday afternoons from the looks of it :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by I-am-the-Night
I've got a few things in regards to stationary already but its just some pens and notebooks that I have left to get really :smile: Have we not been given a reading list? I haven't seen anything so I'm guessing not.

Yeah, I've bought the basic stuff too, and nope. Many students on other courses seem to have already got a list, but I guess ours is a surprise xD lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Haha yes it is worrisome seeing all these other students talking about picking modules and electives! I read it and it says we pick that in second year so don't worry :smile:
Ohh okiedokie, yeah the first week doesn't mention any numbers :smile: but the on coming weeks, it states that I'll be in Group 3 for tutorial/seminar and Group B for laboratory work :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey im looking at both my phone and the like full timetable on blackboard but I cant see what group im in??
Reply 14
Original post by ajcd1
Hey im looking at both my phone and the like full timetable on blackboard but I cant see what group im in??

Have you got the app? Go on time table, then go on week 13 October - 19 October , and check on the tuesday Tutorial session, it should state at the top "Case studies in Medicine Group 3" (for example)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Have you got the app? Go on time table, then go on week 13 October - 19 October , and check on the tuesday Tutorial session, it should state at the top "Case studies in Medicine Group 3" (for example)

Posted from TSR Mobile

No mine doesn't say that :frown: it just has codes like LSC-10034 LECTURE: DH0.51 which I cant decipher :colondollar:

if I click on the links it tells me the title of the lecture but that's about it
Reply 16
Original post by ajcd1
No mine doesn't say that :frown: it just has codes like LSC-10034 LECTURE: DH0.51 which I cant decipher :colondollar:

if I click on the links it tells me the title of the lecture but that's about it

Does it not appear like this?

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1410636796.838614.jpg

And you need to click on the tutorial , and it gives you this:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1410636845.691029.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hopefully the surprise isn't a mountain of books to complete that week :P
Reply 18
Does it not appear like this?

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1410636796.838614.jpg

And you need to click on the tutorial , and it gives you this:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1410636845.691029.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's similar but not the same when I click on the tutorial, maybe yours is more up to date than mine, also my Tuesdays are different lol
Reply 19
Realistically, it probably is though... :|

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest