The Student Room Group

C1-4 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by tiny hobbit
Trinity have taken a number of Mathmos over recent years who have finished A level Maths (and in some cases A level FM) by the end of Year 11. They have only been asked for a total of 3 A level grades including their Maths and FM (the third subject tended to be Physics).

The same is not necessarily true of those applying for Engineering, for instance. If, in the course of your A level studies, you take Maths, FM, Physics and Chemistry, they are likely to ask for grades in all 4 of them, since they are all relevant for Engineering.

I have had email conversations with the man in charge of admissions for the Cambridge colleges in the past, which is where I got the information about engineering.

Yep, that exactly what the admissions tutor said to me in his email :smile: I will be doing further maths and additional further maths at college alongside french and physics. I think the important this is to make sure that I do the standard work load.
Original post by Gilo98
Yep, that exactly what the admissions tutor said to me in his email :smile: I will be doing further maths and additional further maths at college alongside french and physics. I think the important this is to make sure that I do the standard work load.

Yes that's right. My son was doing Physics, Chemistry and Music A levels (and did French AS). He had to do STEP II and III in Year 13 like everyone else, including his friend (and room mate) who had got S in both STEP II and III in Year 12.
Reply 22
Original post by Gilo98
Aha, to be honest I just got a bit bored at the end of year 9 and one thing lead to another and it got to a point where at the start of year ten I'd sort of taught myself C1 :biggrin: I thought it would be a waste to do nothing with it!

I know, although after receiving my AS results I double checked with Cambridge on their view on it and a Trinity Admissions tutor had no problem with it.

I got 300/300 UMS :smile: C1 was my biggest worry because it was a fairly easy exam and because I tend to make a silly mistake that will drop me a mark I thought I would never be able to get 100 UMS. M1 was a bit of a horror :biggrin:

How did you find them?

Oh thats good then that Cambridge allow it and wow amazing!

You got 300/300UMS :eek:

I got 298/300, however it was luck. Just like you, I was worried about C1 as I make a lot of silly mistakes but I took my time in the exam.
I got 100 in C1 & C2, I got 77UMS in M1 weirdly enough and 98 in D1 that I sat for the FMaths AS I plan on completing at A2.
Reply 23
Original post by tiny hobbit
Yes that's right. My son was doing Physics, Chemistry and Music A levels (and did French AS). He had to do STEP II and III in Year 13 like everyone else, including his friend (and room mate) who had got S in both STEP II and III in Year 12.

My plan is to do STEP I and STEP II in Year 12, I don't think personally I would know enough maths to do STEP III early as well :smile:

Original post by Hudl
Oh thats good then that Cambridge allow it and wow amazing!

You got 300/300UMS :eek:

I got 298/300, however it was luck. Just like you, I was worried about C1 as I make a lot of silly mistakes but I took my time in the exam.
I got 100 in C1 & C2, I got 77UMS in M1 weirdly enough and 98 in D1 that I sat for the FMaths AS I plan on completing at A2.

Yep, the admissions tutor was really helpful to be honest. Aha, thank you. You also did amazing! So D1 got put in Maths to give you the best mark possible? That sounds helpful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending