The Student Room Group

C1-4 2015

Unless I'm blind, I can't seem to find a thread for the Core exams.

So here we go

C3&4 this year for me.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Doing 1, 2 and 3 this year :biggrin:
Reply 3
Edexcel C3 and C4 for me!

....and S1 :angry:
Reply 4
Original post by BBeyond
Doing 1, 2 and 3 this year :biggrin:

1, 2 AND 3? Self-teaching or..?

Original post by AlphaNick
doing Edexcel C1 and C2 :redface:

Piece of cake, you'll ace it:wink:
Reply 5
Original post by edothero
1, 2 AND 3? Self-teaching or..?

No but doing further maths as well, and my school wants us to do 7 modules in the first year, 6 in the second so we have room to mess up one exam :tongue:
Reply 6
C1234 for me :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
C1, 2 and possible 3 this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Gilo98

Same, plus M1 retake.
How much have you guys covered so far?
Reply 9
Ah, not fair too well with the horror of the M1 this June? It was quite nasty :mmm:

I've only finished C3 so far. Had to take a brake from the rest these last few weeks to revise for IGCSE maths at the end of this month

Original post by Kill3er
Same, plus M1 retake.
How much have you guys covered so far?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Gilo98

Do you do FMaths aswell?
Reply 11
Original post by Hudl
Do you do FMaths aswell?

Nope, just Maths :smile: Yourself?
Reply 12
Original post by Gilo98
Nope, just Maths :smile: Yourself?

I picked up FMaths with my 3A2s, I was meant to sit S1 last year but ended up sitting D1 instead as the rest of my class sat S1.

Looking on it now it was the right decision, having achieved an A. The D1 boundaries were the lowest they have ever been. Going to have to sit S1 & FP1 this year though

What did you get in S1?
Restting C1, C2 & S1. Self teaching C2 and half of C1. D in C1 last year E in the other 2. E overall. :frown:
Reply 14
Original post by Hudl
I picked up FMaths with my 3A2s, I was meant to sit S1 last year but ended up sitting D1 instead as the rest of my class sat S1.

Looking on it now it was the right decision, having achieved an A. The D1 boundaries were the lowest they have ever been. Going to have to sit S1 & FP1 this year though

What did you get in S1?

Ah OK, that makes sense.

I did M! last year with C1 and C2. This year I'll do S1 with C3 and C4. I'm in Year 11 so to do Further Maths alongside Maths would have been a bit too much I think :mmm:
Reply 15
Original post by Gilo98
Ah OK, that makes sense.

I did M! last year with C1 and C2. This year I'll do S1 with C3 and C4. I'm in Year 11 so to do Further Maths alongside Maths would have been a bit too much I think :mmm:

Wow, you're in year 11....why are you doing an AS early.

Most unis don't even accept it which I dont think is fair :frown:

You should have just learnt the content ready for when you come into A-Level then bang all of maths in 1 year for joke.

What did you get in AS Maths last year anyway
How did C1, C2, M1 go for you?
Original post by Gilo98
Ah, not fair too well with the horror of the M1 this June? It was quite nasty :mmm:

I've only finished C3 so far. Had to take a brake from the rest these last few weeks to revise for IGCSE maths at the end of this month

D in M1 :frown: Don't think i would have done much better if it was a different paper, but i did find this one especially difficult compared to other past papers.

B overall for AS.

We've covered half of C3 and half of S1 in school.
Are you self teaching?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Hudl
Wow, you're in year 11....why are you doing an AS early.

Most unis don't even accept it which I dont think is fair :frown:

You should have just learnt the content ready for when you come into A-Level then bang all of maths in 1 year for joke.

What did you get in AS Maths last year anyway
How did C1, C2, M1 go for you?

Aha, to be honest I just got a bit bored at the end of year 9 and one thing lead to another and it got to a point where at the start of year ten I'd sort of taught myself C1 :biggrin: I thought it would be a waste to do nothing with it!

I know, although after receiving my AS results I double checked with Cambridge on their view on it and a Trinity Admissions tutor had no problem with it.

I got 300/300 UMS :smile: C1 was my biggest worry because it was a fairly easy exam and because I tend to make a silly mistake that will drop me a mark I thought I would never be able to get 100 UMS. M1 was a bit of a horror :biggrin:

How did you find them?
Reply 18
Original post by Kill3er
D in M1 :frown: Don't think i would have done much better if it was a different paper, but i did find this one especially difficult compared to other past papers.

B overall for AS.

We've covered half of C3 and half of S1 in school.
Are you self teaching?

:frown: the paper was quite a tricky one though. Thats amazing considering you got a D in M1!!

Yep, I think I suit self-teaching over being taught - when self teaching if I don't get something it means I have to really read into it to solve it which I think results in me having a better understanding in the end :smile:
Original post by Gilo98
Aha, to be honest I just got a bit bored at the end of year 9 and one thing lead to another and it got to a point where at the start of year ten I'd sort of taught myself C1 :biggrin: I thought it would be a waste to do nothing with it!

I know, although after receiving my AS results I double checked with Cambridge on their view on it and a Trinity Admissions tutor had no problem with it.

I got 300/300 UMS :smile: C1 was my biggest worry because it was a fairly easy exam and because I tend to make a silly mistake that will drop me a mark I thought I would never be able to get 100 UMS. M1 was a bit of a horror :biggrin:

How did you find them?

Trinity have taken a number of Mathmos over recent years who have finished A level Maths (and in some cases A level FM) by the end of Year 11. They have only been asked for a total of 3 A level grades including their Maths and FM (the third subject tended to be Physics).

The same is not necessarily true of those applying for Engineering, for instance. If, in the course of your A level studies, you take Maths, FM, Physics and Chemistry, they are likely to ask for grades in all 4 of them, since they are all relevant for Engineering.

I have had email conversations with the man in charge of admissions for the Cambridge colleges in the past, which is where I got the information about engineering.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending