The Student Room Group

Chemical Engineer Graduate Storm

Pardon the rather lame title.

So I'm about to enter my final year at university for my course, chemical engineering. With graduate schemes to worry about, I'm doing my utmost to secure a graduate scheme or job. Just thought it'd be cool if people posted their experiences and maybe even advice.

I've already started by sending of my application for BOC and Schlumberger.

Anyone else?
Reply 1
In for updates
BP is opening midday today....Oh boy

Meanwhile CB&I, Foster Wheeler and KBR are open. Plus a bunch of others

Original post by ElChapo
In for updates

You should try BOC, they do internships for 1st - 3rd years I think.
Might be worth checking out Johnson Matthey - they are always on the hunt for Chemists and Chemical Engineers, Whilst they might not be graduate schemes as such there is usually a big influx each year of new graduates who can get onto various schemes and undergo similar training.
Original post by Ade9000
Pardon the rather lame title.

So I'm about to enter my final year at university for my course, chemical engineering. With graduate schemes to worry about, I'm doing my utmost to secure a graduate scheme or job. Just thought it'd be cool if people posted their experiences and maybe even advice.

I've already started by sending of my application for BOC and Schlumberger.

Anyone else?

What sector are you most interested in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are Chemical Engineers the most highly sought after Engineers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Motorbiker
What sector are you most interested in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

At the top of my list: Oil and gas (typical), chemicals and energy. I understand that at some points they mix.

Original post by Edminzodo
Are Chemical Engineers the most highly sought after Engineers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think so. I recall being told that we're the most sought after graduates.
Original post by Ade9000
At the top of my list: Oil and gas (typical), chemicals and energy. I understand that at some points they mix.

I think so. I recall being told that we're the most sought after graduates.

Have you signed up for recruitment agencies as well?

And sending cvs to random companies?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you signed up for recruitment agencies as well?

And sending cvs to random companies?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Recruitment agencies, no. I have sent CVs to some randomers such as TFL and Network Rail (because I don't want to work for them)
Original post by Ade9000
Recruitment agencies, no. I have sent CVs to some randomers such as TFL and Network Rail (because I don't want to work for them)

Why have you not signed up with recruitment agencies? They got me my current job. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why have you not signed up with recruitment agencies? They got me my current job. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be honest, I never thought they'd work. I don't really hear much success about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending