The Student Room Group

Help with physics UG 4th choice

Hi all,

I have a clear idea of my university choices, but just in the process of sorting out the intricacies of my 4th choice (in descending order of entry requirement). I would quite like to apply for both Manchester and Durham for my 3rd and 4th but both are A*AA (or higher). I plan to include B in my 5th but I'm stuck on whether I can apply for an A*AA for No 4, since it would obviously be problematic if I went with it, and didn't get an offer from my 5th.

Also, what about clearing? How much can I really count on it if I mess up?

My predicted grades will probably be 3A*s+A (Physics, chemistry, maths, further maths respectively) (maybe 4A*s-my teachers' claims have been somewhat conflicting).

Thanks in advance for any advice!
What are your choices? There are lots of good universities that ask for AAA/AAB - Exeter, York, Kings, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Surrey to name a few. It depends on a lot of things like do you want to live in a city or a more campus feel?
Reply 2
Original post by alexoxlade
What are your choices? There are lots of good universities that ask for AAA/AAB - Exeter, York, Kings, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Surrey to name a few. It depends on a lot of things like do you want to live in a city or a more campus feel?

My choices are as follows:
1. Cambridge
2. Imperial
3. Manchester- A*AA
4. Durham- A*AA (or Bristol-AAA)
5. UCL- AAA/B

I would prefer a city setting (or be around one), and to remain in England. However I am quite impressed by Durham's course flexibility and resources in research that may come to use in my 4th year. I'd really hate to choose between it and Manchester. Plus, (I've never been but) seems it's not that far from Newcastle anyway.

In terms of grades my very minimum will be around A*AA, (I already have an A-Level Maths A* and I would need 64 UMS at A2 for physics and chemistry Bs) and I genuinely am not worried about grades too much.

But there's always that 'you never know' scenario... :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending