The Student Room Group

I need some help.

I didn't do too well on my modules and I got a letter from my uni (staffs uni) saying that I have to retake the year without attendance and re-enrol as a "dormant student" at the beginning of the next academic year; this being Monday, as that is when the enrolment is.

Another concern of mine is regarding student finance, it says on student finance that all my payments are on schedule, and because I put a deposit down on a house and stuff back in January is another worry, as I wouldn't be able to afford rent and what not.

My questions are that, does anyone have any idea it means being a dormant student? I literally have no idea what to do, as no one is answering the phone numbers that were provided in the letter.
Reply 1
Original post by abcdefghijack
I didn't do too well on my modules and I got a letter from my uni (staffs uni) saying that I have to retake the year without attendance and re-enrol as a "dormant student" at the beginning of the next academic year; this being Monday, as that is when the enrolment is.

Another concern of mine is regarding student finance, it says on student finance that all my payments are on schedule, and because I put a deposit down on a house and stuff back in January is another worry, as I wouldn't be able to afford rent and what not.

My questions are that, does anyone have any idea it means being a dormant student? I literally have no idea what to do, as no one is answering the phone numbers that were provided in the letter.

I'm afraid only the uni will be able to answer and as it's the weekend, they won't be open. Call them first thing on Monday and make sure you understand what you're signing up for, before you enrol.

In order to qualify for your full Student Finance entitlement, the uni needs to classify you as a full-time student. The uni needs to clarify that for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending