The Student Room Group

Do girls ever dream about their wedding ? Guy asking here.

Scroll to see replies

I never really understood dreaming about weddings. Sure, your big day is supposed to be special if you're into the tradition (I don't see the point of it) but I've always dreamed about or thought about just being with someone I love; having companionship; and sharing memories together. I end up really wanting a girlfriend after that. The whole topic on planning out your wedding to the last detail... and then thinking about needing a guy/girl for said wedding seems backwards to me.
Original post by Secretnerd123
Whats wrong with horses?

And op, i've just thought of my wedding dress and sonewhat of an idea of what it will be like but i just want to marry someone who makes me extremely happy and I love.

He thinks that I should be riding him rather than my horse (how crude), but it may never even happen - only been together for a year. I agree with your second part. In terms of a dress, a friend of mine got married and sent me a link to Justin Alexander Couture and there are some gorgeous dresses on there. My body shape will probably be different by then, though. :smile:
Not really. I have dreamt on a few occasions in my life that I am getting married but it's never to a guy I would actually want to marry, it's usually my brain mixing up lots of different information and throwing in a wedding for good measure lol.
No. Personally, I don't even know if I want to get married however, I have a friend and she's planned her wedding out to the point where she knows her music play lists, her location, her dress, her centre pieces, she has planned everything... So I suppose its up to the individual person but I think generally speaking women plan their wedding more than men do :smile:
I have honestly never thought about it. Though my friend has a scrapbook of wedding dresses so that when she comes to pick hers she knows which ones she likes.
Reply 25
I've been to weddings and thought things like "that's nice, if I ever get married I'd like to have that" but that's as far as I've got.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did when I was like, 5? :lol:
It honestly hasn't crossed my mind, even though I'm in a relationship now. :cool:
Not really. I want to get married but the wedding itself is less important to me than all the years that come after.
Yeah :daydreaming:
I think about what happens afterwards. Settling down with, or without, a family. Where we'd live, kids or not, the jobs we'd have, the things we'd do at the weekend. The ceremony is irrelevant to the rest of my life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
When I was about 5 yeah. Only because I like my doll's dress :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Regularly! I haven't worked any of it out yet though.

I'm in a long term relationship that's going well and it's been on the cards for some time.
(edited 9 years ago)
Yesshhhhh!!!! :love:
Original post by 061194
Do girls ever dream about their wedding ?

Personally no, it's not an aim I have in life (sure, I'd like to get married but it's not a priority by far) so I don't waste time thinking about it. I don't think there's any harm in doing so though, I have friends who would be ready to plan it today and that's fine, it's something they want in life and I don't think there's wrong with that.
Yeah I have, I think that's the traditionalist/romantic part of me. I guess I've thought about it to a certain degree because my ex and I were considering getting married - talked about colours, were discussing where we'd get married etc.

I like to think about it now and again (the dress, colours, etc) but not loads or anything... I don't want to get married for a while yet.

Watching 'Don't Tell The Bride' is probably half the reason I think about it. :tongue:
Reply 35
And i pray my husband-to-be won't invite Panic! at the Disco to be playing at our wedding. :mmm::noway:
Nope.
Reply 37
Nope :/

I don't want to ever get married. If it works out for a guy and me, we can still have an awesome relationship without this "tradition"
Original post by 061194
Do girls ever dream about their wedding ?

It's 50/50 really.... I dream of getting married but I don't really freak out about the details...:wink::smile::wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending