The Student Room Group

Predicted GCSE Results

Heres my predicted grades, I am concerned with Maths (In year 10)
English B- (I personally feel this should be higher at least a B+)
Maths B-
Biology B+
Chemistry B+(Chemistry is too hard...)
Physics B+
R:colone: A+
Geography B-(I'm currently on a F- no idea how i'm gonna get a B)
MFL French B-
PE C (I didn't even choose this subject...)
Resistant Materials C
Some grades I think are a little bit too high and some are a little bit too low. I'm most concerned with Chemistry and Maths

Scroll to see replies

Don't worry you have only just started your GCSE courses, just work hard and practice, when it comes closer to the exams past papers are a life saver for subjects like Maths and the Sciences.
Original post by Zeetingman
Maths B-
Biology B+
Physics B+
MFL French B-
Resistant Materials C
Some grades I think are a little bit too high and some are a little bit too low. I'm most concerned with Chemistry and Maths
Maths B-
Biology B+
Physics B+
MFL French B-
Resistant Materials C

No need to be concerned, I couldn't care less what my predictions were at the time... 9/10 times you will exceed them.
My predictions were: ABBBBCBBBCC
My actual results: AAA*AAAA*AA*AAb

Schools generally either undermine, or exaggerate a students ability lol
I have friends who were predicted A2 and came out with C3.
I've found people with high predictions usually come out with low grades. I think they think the don't have to put the work in.
In science I was predicted a B2 and got an A2
Original post by pphilip99
I've found people with high predictions usually come out with low grades. I think they think the don't have to put the work in.

What's with the numbers?
Reply 5
Original post by pphilip99

Ouch you're making me scared now lol. I'm just scared of Chemistry and Maths. Ive already got D's on Chemistry in Year 9.
Original post by TH3-FL45H
What's with the numbers?

3- not secure
1-with work you could achieve the next grade
Original post by Ben4
Don't worry you have only just started your GCSE courses, just work hard and practice, when it comes closer to the exams past papers are a life saver for subjects like Maths and the Sciences.

I wouldn't worry over them, you still have a year and + to make them better. However, be careful when it comes to having predicted grades. ESPECIALLY ONES THAT ARE REALLY GOOD. My cousin received pretty good predicted grades (A's and B's). Instead, she ended up with D's, C's and 1 E and an A. She didn't revise a lot because she thought she was safe with her predicted grades.
Reply 8
You will get higher or on predictions last year in my year 10 mocks.
3 above
4 On
1 below

But all my targets have gone up by a whole grade so from all C's to B's
Reply 9
Predictions -- 6A*'s 7A's
Maths A* -- got A* last year
Further maths -- A*
Additional maths -- A (max grade)
IGcse maths -- A*
Religious Studies -- A* -- got A* last year
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
English lang A
English lit A
Art A
French A
History A
Original post by vd12345
Predictions -- 6A*'s 7A's
Maths A* -- got A* last year
Further maths -- A*
Additional maths -- A (max grade)
IGcse maths -- A*
Religious Studies -- A* -- got A* last year
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
English lang A
English lit A
Art A
French A
History A

I meant predicted 7A*'s 6A's won't let me edit... And I'm overpredicted on several subjects imo but I'll probably get several B's ;(
Original post by patronusleviosa
I wouldn't worry over them, you still have a year and + to make them better. However, be careful when it comes to having predicted grades. ESPECIALLY ONES THAT ARE REALLY GOOD. My cousin received pretty good predicted grades (A's and B's). Instead, she ended up with D's, C's and 1 E and an A. She didn't revise a lot because she thought she was safe with her predicted grades.

I think all of you are making me scared lol. I am going to revise everyday now starting from today.
I think all of you are making me scared lol. I am going to revise everyday now starting from today.

Don't let your school targets dishearten you or affect your GCSE results. Set your own personal targets and work towards achieving them. If you feel like you should achieve higher than predicted, go for it.. You're in year 10 so you have time :smile: also revise during the summer before year 11 on all your weaknesses from the units in year 10. Just light revision.. That's something I should have done tbh and I regret not doing so.. Also, mock results in year 9 are just irrelevant imo. I got a 5a/6c in religious studies end of year 9, thus predicted a B. However I received 100% in that subject and my prediction/target grade was moved up to A*, which is the grade I got in the actual Gcse also.

Goodluck and sleep well knowing I have 8 months where as you have 20 until all your main GCSE's
Original post by patronusleviosa

I've found that with a lot of people. TBH don't believe your hype.
Also, don't trust past papers! unless you are getting full marks, don't worry about the grade you would of got. They can always make mark schemes harder for your year.

I would say don't be, but I'd be lying! It's good to worry about your future; it shows you care about it!
Don't revise too early because you'll get burn out:colondollar:
Maths B-
Biology B+
Physics B+
MFL French B-
Resistant Materials C

Hi, predicted grades are not usually what most people get at the end of year 11 as you might know already.:smile: just go with what you think you can achieve. If you think you can achieve higher than your predicted grades, go for it and if some grades are lower than what they are predicted, dont worry.(remember, these are for end of year 11 and you're only in year 10 so you might achieve them by the end of year 11:biggrin:)
I think you said you're on F- for geography, i think some teachers offer to go over the topics the student doesnt understand very well after lessons or something. Does you schools does that? If, so try asking your geography teacher .
Original post by vd12345
Don't let your school targets dishearten you or affect your GCSE results. Set your own personal targets and work towards achieving them. If you feel like you should achieve higher than predicted, go for it.. You're in year 10 so you have time :smile: also revise during the summer before year 11 on all your weaknesses from the units in year 10. Just light revision.. That's something I should have done tbh and I regret not doing so.. Also, mock results in year 9 are just irrelevant imo. I got a 5a/6c in religious studies end of year 9, thus predicted a B. However I received 100% in that subject and my prediction/target grade was moved up to A*, which is the grade I got in the actual Gcse also.

Goodluck and sleep well knowing I have 8 months where as you have 20 until all your main GCSE's

Thanks for the encouragement, my teachers keep telling me that the first half of a GCSE paper is D/C grade questions if I can get those right I can get a confirmed B. Is it true?
Original post by Chelsea12345
Hi, predicted grades are not usually what most people get at the end of year 11 as you might know already.:smile: just go with what you think you can achieve. If you think you can achieve higher than your predicted grades, go for it and if some grades are lower than what they are predicted, dont worry.(remember, these are for end of year 11 and you're only in year 10 so you might achieve them by the end of year 11:biggrin:)
I think you said you're on F- for geography, i think some teachers offer to go over the topics the student doesnt understand very well after lessons or something. Does you schools does that? If, so try asking your geography teacher .

I really don't understand how I got an F-, I revised so hard for that specific exam I was expecting at least a D to a C then I just saw F- on the results paper. The exam itself was made by the school and it was easy I just think the grade boundaries were different if it was WJEC I would have got a D.
Ah predicted grades. They are just predictions. You can choose to work hard and beat them or not so much and fall short but they are not anything final. I am in year 11 now and have some predicted grades that literally ridiculous (bad and good haha)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Predicted grades are just what the school thinks you're capable of achieving :smile: You don't have to achieve them, they're just a rough guide. Aim towards the high ones and try and beat the low ones, but really I wouldn't worry about them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest