The Student Room Group

Retaking an A Level At Uni

Hi everyone, so I'll be starting my first year of University this September and really excited and soo glad I got in but I'm really unhappy with one of my A Level grades. I got a D in Biology and was thinking of retaking one or two modules to maybe move it up to a B or C. What do you guys think, is it worth retaking? I'm thinking about future prospects like when applying for jobs after uni and don't want that grade to affect any chances of not getting a job! HELP, has anyone retaken an A Level whilst at uni
It is going to be really difficult on top of the workload from uni. You need to try and work out your schedule before doing this so that you do not burn out.
Reply 2
I also plan on doing this for biology, which I think will be easier since I'm starting a biology degree this year.
Nobody will care about your A levels once you have a degree. It would be a waste of time imo.
Reply 4
Original post by ELITE MATHS
Nobody will care about your A levels once you have a degree. It would be a waste of time imo.

I've actually researched some grad jobs and some of them actually ask for specific grades in certain subjects regardless of your degree classification, for the sector I want to go in anyway (science research).
The only qualification anyone will ever want to know about is your DEGREE. Yes, there are a tiny number of graduate recruitment schemes that ask for A level grades/points - but a miniscule number of grads are recruited via these schemes, and only for obscure things like banking and accountancy, so forget it.

No-one from here on will give a monkeys about your A level grades. Throw the books away and move on. You are about to start Uni - something so much bigger and more important than an A level.
Original post by tahtahspo
I've actually researched some grad jobs and some of them actually ask for specific grades in certain subjects regardless of your degree classification, for the sector I want to go in anyway (science research).

If you check on Nature Jobs, Scientific American or Jobs.ac.uk or any other the other places that recruit for research you will see that ALL they are interested in is your degree, any research you've done as part of that a,d any relevant placemets etc you've done - not A level grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending