The Student Room Group

GCSE Maths at C grade!

hey guys i know that your probably tired of reading through these posts of all these worried students or of course you could be one in that case good luck! well i want to pursue a business degree at a university i want to like everyone else go to the top unis including warwick, bath, manchester etc

I did ok in my AS levels with AAAB however, my GCSES are not so good.

I got

Business-A
Geography-B
RE- A
English/english lit - BB
Science-BB
Drama- B

BUT......

Maths- C :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown: this was due to me not submitting alot of my coursework

Will this totally jeopradise me getting into a good uni for business, what do you advise i do RE-TAKE (really dont want do this) or what else?

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to read this hope you exceed all your intellectual talents good luck

lots of best wishes chrissy xxxxxx
c.h.r.i.s.s.y
hey guys i know that your probably tired of reading through these posts of all these worried students or of course you could be one in that case good luck! well i want to pursue a business degree at a university i want to like everyone else go to the top unis including warwick, bath, manchester etc

I did ok in my AS levels with AAAB however, my GCSES are not so good.

I got

Business-A
Geography-B
RE- A
English/english lit - BB
Science-BB
Drama- B

BUT......

Maths- C :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown: this was due to me not submitting alot of my coursework

Will this totally jeopradise me getting into a good uni for business, what do you advise i do RE-TAKE (really dont want do this) or what else?

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to read this hope you exceed all your intellectual talents good luck

lots of best wishes chrissy xxxxxx

C isn't that bad really... you should check out the online prospectuses first, see if they have any specific requirements for GCSE. If not, I wouldn't bother re-taking it.

Well re-submitting coursework won't take much effort would it?

- Why? Why say AAAB is 'ok'?!!??!
Reply 2
I believe that generally unis only ask for Cs in English and Maths at GCSE. It might be a little different if you're taking a maths related subject but I wouldn't really have thought it would affect it. If you're worried, check out the relevant uni prospectuses where it should have entry requirements (you can do this on the uni websites).
Reply 3
supercat
I believe that generally unis only ask for Cs in English and Maths at GCSE. It might be a little different if you're taking a maths related subject but I wouldn't really have thought it would affect it. If you're worried, check out the relevant uni prospectuses where it should have entry requirements (you can do this on the uni websites).

Yeah most unis just ask for the C and above in core subjects at GCSE provided that none of them directly relate to your course, in which case you will need A levels in them.
Anyway GCSE's are invalid as soon as you get into college, and your A levels will hardly matter once you have a degree.
Neilan

Anyway GCSE's are invalid as soon as you get into college, and your A levels will hardly matter once you have a degree.

Well GCSE's are actually quite important in a university application if the AS grades have been declined. If this is the case then GCSE's are the only things which provide real academic evidence, unlike A2 'predictions'.
readings business department wants b and maths
Most unis will be happy with a C in maths, so if you know where you might want to apply, just have a look at their prospectuses for the entry requirements.
Reply 7
thank u guys xx

Latest

Trending

Trending