The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Freshers of 2014 MOVING IN TOMO (14sept) some advice: (AMA)

here is some advice, which I wish i got:

1. If you ever need help always ask a student mentor, they will be going around and making sure you have moved it, they are there to ensure you get the help you need.

2. Be friendly to everyone, lets just say you are a person who actually hates 99% of people, dont ignore them, people are going to find it hard to speak out, so if they do, introduce yourself be polite about it. If someone says hi to you even IF YOU ARE in your group dont ignore them

3. dont try to take many numbers, i added nearly everyones number after first day, had 100 numbers even with whatsapp pics i didnt know who they are

4. if your moving in take hangers, they dont provide them lols, so many people forgot hangers

5. dont get completely smashed and everyone remembers you as that guy who got completely smashed (happened to me lol)
- if you dont drink still go out, i hardly drank after the first few days, and if you dont like clubbing there is many other activites around campus google brunel whatson and click on first link

6. buy online tickets now esp for friday freshers because it will sell out quickly unless you want to get an early place in that queue

7. when you go there get your KEYS FIRST NOT YOUR ID it easier, trust me dump everything in your room and get your ID (get your parents to take your stuff out whiel you wait in queue to get id my tip hahaha LOL)

8. say hello to your flat mates meet them in the kitchen introduce yourself, go say hi to people, many people will ignore you dont take it personally carry on saying hi to everoyne, many people are just nervous, these people are like your family the sooner you know them the better (esp if you dont know anyone tomorrow night you will be going out with them

9. subway on campus pls go there early, dont wait till last minute i think last 4 years subway ran out of bread, so if you dont have food tomorrow eat before you come or go subway early

10. yes they give you toilet rolls lol

if anything else, i mean anything
even if its little i will reply!
Reply 1
Original post by Audien
here is some advice, which I wish i got:

1. If you ever need help always ask a student mentor, they will be going around and making sure you have moved it, they are there to ensure you get the help you need.

2. Be friendly to everyone, lets just say you are a person who actually hates 99% of people, dont ignore them, people are going to find it hard to speak out, so if they do, introduce yourself be polite about it. If someone says hi to you even IF YOU ARE in your group dont ignore them

3. dont try to take many numbers, i added nearly everyones number after first day, had 100 numbers even with whatsapp pics i didnt know who they are

4. if your moving in take hangers, they dont provide them lols, so many people forgot hangers

5. dont get completely smashed and everyone remembers you as that guy who got completely smashed (happened to me lol)
- if you dont drink still go out, i hardly drank after the first few days, and if you dont like clubbing there is many other activites around campus google brunel whatson and click on first link

6. buy online tickets now esp for friday freshers because it will sell out quickly unless you want to get an early place in that queue

7. when you go there get your KEYS FIRST NOT YOUR ID it easier, trust me dump everything in your room and get your ID (get your parents to take your stuff out whiel you wait in queue to get id my tip hahaha LOL)

8. say hello to your flat mates meet them in the kitchen introduce yourself, go say hi to people, many people will ignore you dont take it personally carry on saying hi to everoyne, many people are just nervous, these people are like your family the sooner you know them the better (esp if you dont know anyone tomorrow night you will be going out with them

9. subway on campus pls go there early, dont wait till last minute i think last 4 years subway ran out of bread, so if you dont have food tomorrow eat before you come or go subway early

10. yes they give you toilet rolls lol

if anything else, i mean anything
even if its little i will reply!

Thanks for the tips. Where do i buy the freshers tickets?. Also what is the whole procedure at the start, do my parents help me pack or is it just ms.
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending