The Student Room Group

Why does Europe have somany immigrants?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Somany immigrants? I thought they were Somali.
Reply 61
Original post by sarah22345
Poor border control? Is it because Europeans are too lazy to work or foreigners are 'cheaper'? We don't breed enough or have many kids(Re: Sweden , some even argue feminism is the cause of this)? The empires which led to many colonies that now have the 'right' to move here?(What goes around come around , right?)

The answer is YES to all the questions you put apart from poor border control.

you racists can moan about it but immigrants have a right to come, some more then others but as time goes on there will be a larger immigrant population whether you like it or not. all you can do is moan on the internet.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by HeritageofEurope
globalisation means third world brown people move en masse to prosperous white nations ?

Or third world Caucasians. Lets not forget about South Africa.
Makes me laugh really, cos if you or I were to try to settle in any eastern country you would be definetly be classed as a second class citizen.
Original post by itsmyname
Colonialism.

When you instil a culture of Western superiority, everything relating from economy to education, and have conditioned the natives to believe that the Western system is better, then this is what gets passed down from generation to generation. It's only been one generation since the fall of European colonialism, but if you still go to these former colonies you will see many people there, from the poorest to the middle upper class, highly educated liberals, all wish to immigrate here, for many it being a life long dream, because they truly believe the roads here paved with gold, and that they will have more opportunities here; whether it be starting up and running a successful business, receiving a decent education and fulliling their parents aspirations, all because they've been taught that the West is better

The west is better though isn't it mate.
Europe, Australia and USA have immigrants because people want a better life in a better country. There's a reason why we don't say "Boy I'd love to go and work in Iraq!"

I don't agree with it all but it's a compliment more than anything.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by digitalfever

how many whites move to india ? china ? pakistan ? nigeria ? sri lanka ? afghanistan etc etc etc etc

how may whites beg for asylum in third world non white countries ???

you will also find that it was the whites who built south africa to what it is today
Poor border control? Is it because Europeans are too lazy to work or foreigners are 'cheaper'? We don't breed enough or have many kids(Re: Sweden , some even argue feminism is the cause of this)? The empires which led to many colonies that now have the 'right' to move here?(What goes around come around , right?)

It's the
United

Kingdom :s-smilie: Meaning no matter where you're from, if you gain citizenship...since it is UNITED you will be treated equally. Ain't dat a good thang, doe? :cookie:
It's obviously because Europe is better to live in. Which so why it's confusing when they try to impose their culture.
Because hey, we have all these colonies we're allowing to become independent... so let's use them as cheap labour to drive our buses and reconstruct our country and try and extract as much worth out of them as we can.

*coughBritainandAfro-Caribbeans* *coughFranceandMaghrebis*

Oh wait, you forgot about the countries that European governments destroyed? Like Afghanistan and Iraq? I mean, if you think it's for their own good then fine but they are people too and need somewhere safe to raise their kids without worrying about being shot before the countries are rebuilt...

Or seeing that Britain colonised a quarter of the world and now complains about immigration.

I'm not saying that Europeans have no right to complain about immigration because they can. But they need to stop it by not doing it for their own selfish gains and to combat the problem at the actual root.

Original post by digitalfever

Who have Western ancestors and are in a better position than most Black South Africans?

Perhaps you mean the 'Caucasians' in Latin America or those in Arab states or places that generally are white but not European?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Blues Clues
Because hey, we have all these colonies we're allowing to become independent... so let's use them as cheap labour to drive our buses and reconstruct our country and try and extract as much worth out of them as we can.

*coughBritainandAfro-Caribbeans* *coughFranceandMaghrebis*

Oh wait, you forgot about the countries that European governments destroyed? Like Afghanistan and Iraq? I mean, if you think it's for their own good then fine but they are people too and need somewhere safe to raise their kids without worrying about being shot before the countries are rebuilt...

Or seeing that Britain colonised a quarter of the world and now complains about immigration.

I'm not saying that Europeans have no right to complain about immigration because they can. But they need to stop it by not doing it for their own selfish gains and to combat the problem at the actual root.

Who have Western ancestors and are in a better position than most Black South Africans?

Perhaps you mean the 'Caucasians' in Latin America or those in Arab states or places that generally are white but not European?

i think europeans have been more than generous in letting immigrants settle here. north african moors conquered and colonised southern europe for hundreds of years. the ottomans conquered eastern european countries for hundreds of years

The colonisation argument is redundant
i think europeans have been more than generous in letting immigrants settle here. north african moors conquered and colonised southern europe for hundreds of years. the ottomans conquered eastern european countries for hundreds of years

The colonisation argument is redundant

No it isn't because Nigeria, Poland, China, and most of the world were not the North African Moors or the Ottomans.

There isn't as much North African/Turkish as there is of other ethnicities.

Free movement of labour, multinational corporations transferring workers, the European demographic being older, more female etc.

Usually in high-tech industries, finance and engineering you will see departments stuffed full of single, childfree non-Western men (e.g. oil rigs, investment banks, tech houses).
Original post by Blues Clues
No it isn't because Nigeria, Poland, China, and most of the world were not the North African Moors or the Ottomans.

There isn't as much North African/Turkish as there is of other ethnicities.

you should read about the islamic conquests. and china have colonised many countries
you should read about the islamic conquests. and china have colonised many countries

I know what they are. My point still stands: European countries still colonised many of these countries. Never the other way round. Also, the slave trade was a thing, so it's not like we are innocent... we, including the Arabs.
Because Europe is free.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending