The Student Room Group

help on the dodgey/finnicky mark scheme

Im looking for some help on physics BUT its also a science problem, i did manage to get an A in chemistry but barely and the issues i had in chemistry pulling my marks lower was the same for physics so im hoping someone can explain it. i did post this on physics but im hoping for some more responses here.

so i did my A2 this year and acheived a B 11 ums of an A. for some reason every single exam i acheive a really high B/almost A, and what worries me its consistent in all the written papers. and worst is i know why but i dont know how to tackle it.

for example this years exam i wrote for faradays law of electromaggnetic...
my answer was the usual book answer but i chose to use magnetic flux cut which is accepted every single year except this year examiner reports say its too vague and they dont want this mentioning of flux thats cut. so i lost the mark because of this ^ (ommision) and not just that question but loads and loads of marks because of this like 10.

how am i supposed to know these type of things, its like you write the correct answer but you never mentioned this point they wanted they dont give it. how do people even get an A* because i dont see how its possible to compensate for these type of things. whats nimbling at me most of all is that I dont know how to work around this/study for this, i did go over every mark scheme last year to look for all the acceptable answers and so on but... i honestly pushed myself and am worried i wont be able to improve.

any help on what im missing exactly would be greatly appreciated
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.

Quick Reply

Latest