The Student Room Group

Jump from As to A2 in chem an bio

Ido ocr bio and ocr A chem. in A2 exams can they ask you stuff on the As syllabus like the same questions obviously I know a lot of A2 is building on As but you'll obv relearn it going through A2 but are you actually required to thoroughly relearn AS cause I've binned all AS revision, books etc
Reply 1
Well for AQA, which is what i do, they definitely ask you questions from the AS syllabus, because they expect us to know it. I assume OCR would be the same
Original post by User101010
Ido ocr bio and ocr A chem. in A2 exams can they ask you stuff on the As syllabus like the same questions obviously I know a lot of A2 is building on As but you'll obv relearn it going through A2 but are you actually required to thoroughly relearn AS cause I've binned all AS revision, books etc

Omg I do the same but I've still got my AS books tho.. hehe :tongue:
Original post by User101010

I would've kept your AS stuff as especially for unit 4 chem with all the organic chemistry you kinda have to go over your AS again.
For Biology (I did AQA) I found that you were learning new things and building upon AS knowledge however in the exams they did throw in the odd AS question and especially in unit 5 AS knowledge is essential as they will give u a synoptic essay, don't know about OCR but I'm guessing it's a synoptic paper aswell.

But yeah in terms of the jump, it's definitely 10× bigger when going from GCSE-AS than from AS-A2 which wasn't really a jump imo especially if you did well in your AS.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending