The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Would the man not need to be sexually aroused for this to happen and, hence, it isn't rape? I don't know but it seems this way to me. :confused:
Original post by DylanJ96
Would the man not need to be sexually aroused for this to happen and, hence, it isn't rape? I don't know but it seems this way to me. :confused:

True. Just like it isn't rape if you get a woman to orgasm.
Body and mind.

Well men get erections in their sleep
Original post by blackened_sky
Well men get erections in their sleep

That doesn't mean anything.

Yes it does, it means it's easier to get one than it may seem

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yeah dude
Yes it does, it means it's easier to get one than it may seem

Posted from TSR Mobile

Regardless, getting a hard on means that he's sexually aroused and especially getting one for a prolonged period of time throughout this the "rape". I don't consider someone who's sexually aroused to be getting raped as such - he could stop it at any time if he wasn't getting sexual satisfaction from it.

Was your query not basically, how could he have been raped if he needs to be sexually aroused by the perpetrator to get an erection?
Also I imagine an involuntary erection, due to the situation may occur too just due to how the brain works, but I'm not a scientist or a bloke so I can't do anything other than assume

But if he says he's been raped then we believe it, males being raped isn't as common as females being raped of course, but it's a serious matter that's taken a bit too lightly
Regardless, getting a hard on means that he's sexually aroused and especially getting one for a prolonged period of time throughout this the "rape". I don't consider someone who's sexually aroused to be getting raped as such - he could stop it at any time if he wasn't getting sexual satisfaction from it.

No, he couldn't, it's not really... Controllable depending on your age

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was your query not basically, how could he have been raped if he needs to be sexually aroused by the perpetrator to get an erection?
Also I imagine an involuntary erection, due to the situation may occur too just due to how the brain works, but I'm not a scientist or a bloke so I can't do anything other than assume

But if he says he's been raped then we believe it, males being raped isn't as common as females being raped of course, but it's a serious matter that's taken a bit too lightly

It was.

Well, yes a guy can get an erection that is out of his control but not in that situation unless he's aroused.
Original post by Yeah dude
No, he couldn't, it's not really... Controllable depending on your age

Posted from TSR Mobile

I disagree. If someone is being raped then it's a traumatic, painful and horrid experience for that person and one in which you wouldn't get a hard on regardless of your age.

Someone very, very close to me has been raped and they were anything but turned on.
It was.

Well, yes a guy can get an erection that is out of his control but not in that situation unless he's aroused.

If he was asleep and he woke up to her on top of him then it was entirely out of his control :confused:
Reply 13

In many cases women orgasm during rape. Does this mean they weren't getting raped? You're understanding of consensual sex is really quite disturbing.
Reply 14
I disagree. If someone is being raped then it's a traumatic, painful and horrid experience for that person and one in which you wouldn't get a hard on regardless of your age.

Someone very, very close to me has been raped and they were anything but turned on.

Erm there's a difference between being sexually attracted to someone and "raring to go" and your penis becoming erect because it has been stimulated.
If he was asleep and he woke up to her on top of him then it was entirely out of his control :confused:

Yes, but that's extremely unlikely to be the situation.
Don't call someone an idiot for raising a valid point. Basically, you're wrong. In order for the women to rape the guy, he would have to be sexually aroused to get hard and if he's sexually aroused then surely it isn't rape? He'd have to be hard the whole time he was being raped which would suggests he's turned on by it. If he's aroused then it can't be deemed that someone is raping him in the sense that rape is forcing someone to have sex with you that doesn't want to have it against their will.

guess if the girl gets wet it isn't rape either then?

But srs have you never had morning wood or anything? you must have some srs low test.
(edited 9 years ago)
Don't call someone an idiot for raising a valid point. Basically, you're wrong. In order for the women to rape the guy, he would have to be sexually aroused to get hard and if he's sexually aroused then surely it isn't rape? He'd have to be hard the whole time he was being raped which would suggests he's turned on by it. If he's aroused then it can't be deemed that someone is raping him in the sense that rape is forcing someone to have sex with you that doesn't want to have it against their will.

If you seriously mean to suggest that sexual arousal is a matter of volition, or that voluntary judgment is itself incorruptible and impervious to duress, then your grasp on reality must be tenuous indeed.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by josh_v
In many cases women orgasm during rape. Does this mean they weren't getting raped? You're understanding of consensual sex is really quite disturbing.

That's different. In order for the rape to occur the man must first have a hard on and, therefore, be aroused and I find this hard to define as rape. Women can still get raped even if they aren't aroused. You can't compare the two.
Original post by ChickenMadness
guess if the girl gets wet it isn't rape either then?

But srs have you never had morning wood or anything? you must have some srs low test.

I've already said how the situation of a guy and a girl being raped can't be compared.

Morning wood and the kind of situation where you're being raped is completely different, again you're trying to compare two things that just doesn't work.

Quick Reply

Latest