The Student Room Group

3 sciences at A-Level

Hi
I currently do chem biology maths and economics, but I am considering biology physics chemistry and Maths (Maths + AS level further maths). I still have a few days to decide, so what do you guys think? Is it a much larger workload and do you think one could cope?

Thanks so much :smile:
I did Biology Physics Chem and Maths, and yeah at first it's really hard imo, but it gets easier as the year goes on.
You've just got to be really proactive with your learning: ask your teachers for help after lesson if you don't understand something, use khanacademy/examsolutions/chemguide/s-cool/tsr if you have any questions, or if you don't understand your teacher's explanation.
The hard bit is perhaps getting your head around it, really. Looking back, some of the content that I found impossible at first seems so easy. It's just about perseverance!
Oh and also don't feel **** about yourself if you do badly in mock exams first time around: I revised so much and as really confident, but got a D in my mock exam. Instead of crying over how **** I had done, I used my mistakes to do better in the next paper, and so on.

tl;dr it's hard but by no means impossible, you just have to put the work in.
Original post by Krao
Hi
I currently do chem biology maths and economics, but I am considering biology physics chemistry and Maths (Maths + AS level further maths). I still have a few days to decide, so what do you guys think? Is it a much larger workload and do you think one could cope?

Thanks so much :smile:

I think it depends. What do you want to study at uni and how did your GCSEs go?
Reply 3
I got A*'s for the 3 sciences and maths, so I do have many options. I would like to study dentistry at uni, or if I find that it isn't my thing, I'd like to go into engineering (chemical?).

Quick Reply

Latest