The Student Room Group

My boyfriends attitudes to muslim girls.

Okay, so I'm currently seeing this guy who I met through a mutual friends. He's really nice and I really do like him. He's about 2 years older than I am and much more experienced. Last week he made a comment that I found really creepy and I've been avoiding him since.

He told me that in his first year at university he had a competition going on with his mates to find out who could have sex or kiss etc with the most muslim girls. He says that there was this attitude of seeking to de-purify muslim girls amongst his friends. He also told me that he was really embarrassed by it and that it was a stupid thing for him to do.

I find it pretty disgusting that he could have participated in such a contest between his mates. He doesn't come across as islamophobic, but I'm worried. I think I might end it. Am I making a mistake.

Scroll to see replies

I'm just uncomfortable with the notion that he could have had that attitude towards woman of particular background and basically used them to make a point.
He sounds like a misogynistic nob. I'd leave him.
What's your concern - that what he did is immoral, or that he might hold other views you don't like that he hasn't admitted to?

If the former, you have the information and it's up to you to make a judgement. If the latter, no one here can tell you what your boyfriend thinks about politics in private.
Reply 4
Original post by Argentinababy
Okay, so I'm currently seeing this guy who I met through a mutual friends. He's really nice and I really do like him. He's about 2 years older than I am and much more experienced. Last week he made a comment that I found really creepy and I've been avoiding him since.

He told me that in his first year at university he had a competition going on with his mates to find out who could have sex or kiss etc with the most muslim girls. He says that there was this attitude of seeking to de-purify muslim girls amongst his friends. He also told me that he was really embarrassed by it and that it was a stupid thing for him to do.

I find it pretty disgusting that he could have participated in such a contest between his mates. He doesn't come across as islamophobic, but I'm worried. I think I might end it. Am I making a mistake.

He was probably just trying to fit in with his friends, especially if it was his first year of Uni.
Sounds hilarious.
Original post by Observatory
What's your concern - that what he did is immoral, or that he might hold other views you don't like that he hasn't admitted to?

If the former, you have the information and it's up to you to make a judgement. If the latter, no one here can tell you what your boyfriend thinks about politics in private.

It's the 'de-purifying' muslim girls bit that disgusted me. That was the term he and his friends used.
Original post by SarcasticMel
Sounds hilarious.

it actually isn't.
it actually isn't.

I find it so.

Have you asked him how many he actually slept with, you know the part that is actually important.
Original post by SarcasticMel
I find it so.

Have you asked him how many he actually slept with, you know the part that is actually important.

He said he slept with 7. It's hardly the most important detail.
Reply 10
That is so rude and disrespectful. Trying to seduce girls who religiously are not allowed to have sex for fun.... sounds like a prick
That's great banter
Reply 12
We've all done things that we are ashamed of when we get older.
The fact that he is ashamed of it now speaks volumes.

Sounds like a freak. Same as those Asian boys(not saying all Asian boys do this) who compete to mess around with the most white girls before they get their arranged marriage(not saying all Asians get arranged marriages either).
(edited 9 years ago)
Hilarious.

What race was he, was he arab himself? or was white/black guy who just wanted abit of lad banter for the grandkids?
You can't be serious surely.
He said he slept with 7. It's hardly the most important detail.

It is if he hadn't slept with any then he wasn't really taking part.
Personally I feel like he isn't somebody who respects women so if I were a girl I'd leave him.

Same thing can apply to a girl though, I wouldn't want to be with a girl who loved seducing guys.

Quick Reply

Latest