The Student Room Group

My boyfriends attitudes to muslim girls.

Scroll to see replies

I would certainly blame the 7 girls for not controlling themselves to the guy. They either have a weak faith with no shame at all. If I was in that situation, I would avoid it straight away and say 'no'.
However, I could agree that your boyfriend is wrong. "De-purifying" the girls is a bad intention. It's pretty disgusting.
When did this all happen? If he felt sorry for it, then there's no need to break up with him.
Original post by College_Dropout
I have not missed the point. Frankieboy seems to think that its impossible to sleep with 7 Muslim girls because he thinks they are not Muslim if they slept with him. It is irrelevant if it is BS or not, the concept of saying someone isnt a Muslim because they dont fall into your guidelines is ridiculous.

What I was saying was that it's unlikely that he slept with seven girls, and even more unlikely that he slept with seven Muslim girls, because I assume they are harder to sleep with, due to their religion.

It's of course 'possible' that he slept with seven Muslim girls, but this feat would be IMHO very difficult within a relatively short space of time. Nigh on impossible.

This is assuming that the Muslim religion makes the girls less likely to have casual sex, which I think it probably would.
As a Muslim girl myself, I found it to be rather insensitive about another people's culture . You know, its not about our culture. Its the faith and we dont find anything wrong with abiding the rules though people appreciate it as conservative. Anyhow, he was ashamed of it and nothing could be changed. Therefore, please tell him not to repeat his mistakes again. He could ruin the girls' life for all you know. Other people's belief is not something we can play vain with.
Original post by Ikidyounot.
What you decide to do depends how comfortable you are with someone that thinks that way.

Also its a bit insulting that he felt he could tell you that, even though he was embarrased about it as you say.

it is an honour* for trusting the gf with this secret.
(edited 9 years ago)
btw this is pretty common behaviour between most groups of males. Competition to see how many girls they can bang.

I just don't take part usually.
lmfao at all the moralfagging in this thread. Some are acting as if he raped them. It takes two to tango and I don't know if it's because it's 4am and I'm tired as ****, but who cares?
There's another problem aside from the obvious - the assumption that having sex with someone 'de-purifies' them. He can't say that Muslims are conservative when he has such a victorian attitude towards sexuality.
Original post by Argentinababy
Okay, so I'm currently seeing this guy who I met through a mutual friends. He's really nice and I really do like him. He's about 2 years older than I am and much more experienced. Last week he made a comment that I found really creepy and I've been avoiding him since.

He told me that in his first year at university he had a competition going on with his mates to find out who could have sex or kiss etc with the most muslim girls. He says that there was this attitude of seeking to de-purify muslim girls amongst his friends. He also told me that he was really embarrassed by it and that it was a stupid thing for him to do.

I find it pretty disgusting that he could have participated in such a contest between his mates. He doesn't come across as islamophobic, but I'm worried. I think I might end it. Am I making a mistake.

Muslims or not; deflowering/depurifying Muslims girls are no different than using women, in general, for their sexual gratification. We are not sex objects to be 'toyed' with! What he have done are absolutely revolting and degrading but I can't say anything if the girls give their consent to the guy....
We broke up yesterday. I just felt really uncomfortable around him and I think we both deserve someone a bit different.
But I'm not sure about some of these posts claiming that he's an islamophobe. He has lots of Muslim friends and genuinely cares passionately about making links between the Jewish and Muslim communities. He's rarely says anything negative about Muslims and had recently told me that he felt sad about the way muslims are stereotyped in the media. I've no regrets about breaking up with him (he was moving to a different city anyway) , but I certainly think it was just a stupid mistake he made.
Original post by Argentinababy
We broke up yesterday. I just felt really uncomfortable around him and I think we both deserve someone a bit different.

You definitely deserve someone who is more dignified and has an integrity of a gentleman..:smile: someone better will come along the way, don't worry!
Reply 111
Original post by aka r
look just stop blaggin it on the net okay, having wet dreams does not mean you slept with someone

Hahaha why is it so hard to believe someone has slept with multiple women?
It takes two to tango, as others have said so the girls he has 'seduced' must take some responsibility. However, this isn't a case of going out to get random one night stands and coincidentally sleeping with Muslim girls, this was premeditated. Muslim girls are far more reserved than Non-Muslim girls considering it's a huge sin to commit fornication in Islam, so clearly, this isn't as simple as flirting for a day or two and them sleeping with him. To convince a Muslim girl to sleep with you takes a lot of trust on her part, and that takes time, investing energy and essentially building up an entire lie of your feelings towards her to convince her to sleep with you. The fact that he invested so much time into "de-purifying" these girls makes me believe that this is something much more than a little game to him. Nobody invests that much energy into doing something as insignificant as game that started off as a bit of banter. Sickening considering this could be my sister (or daughter) being emotionally manipulated in such a manner. Surely, if you have any sense and morality, you'd leave this sick individual.
(edited 9 years ago)
Leave him.

Imagine if someone did that to you, if you were a Muslim girl. Try putting yourself in others shoe.
Reply 114
Original post by pzoDe
Hahaha why is it so hard to believe someone has slept with multiple women?

You do know the amount of hard work and effort you have to put in to sleep with a muslim girl lol, they don't just go on on night stands like non muslim girls do, your telling me he invested time and effort into smooth talking a muslim girl over months to sleep with her? And your telling me he did that 7 times? Haha must be havin a laugh.
Original post by Temporality
I meant white girls actually. But that's because from my experience I've been treated incredibly badly by 3 Asian boyfriends, none of whom were serious about me, all of whom were interested in using me as a trophy, and to get what they wanted. You see they subscribe too much to their cultural values even today to ever consider marrying or being serious about a white girl. I know this even from my Asian male friends - it's just like the much touted 'have all the fun you like, but remember marry a Bengali'.

well what you have said is also what white guys do too, they just want to use you, everyone knows this, there are even reality shows about this so don't act like only asians do it, as for marriage did they not want to marry you because your white or because they just wanted to use you? if it's because your white then that's wrong, but there are many who are married to white women.
them girls were skanks any way if they can be seduced like that with out thinking about their religion .
btw wheres your bf from
Reply 117
Original post by aka r
You do know the amount of hard work and effort you have to put in to sleep with a muslim girl lol, they don't just go on on night stands like non muslim girls do, your telling me he invested time and effort into smooth talking a muslim girl over months to sleep with her? And your telling me he did that 7 times? Haha must be havin a laugh.

I was laughing more at the people saying it was bs he slept with 7 women left alone Muslim (paraphrased from memory).

And I guess you'd be surprised at how many Muslim girls break the rules all the time. My sister is a prime example.

A large proportion of Muslims (who I know at least) don't religiously stick to the Muslim 'law', especially over here. Trust me, I come from a 100% Muslim country and I know so many people who do whatever they want in private or abroad. I don't see how it's inconceivable he slept with 7.
Reply 118
Original post by pzoDe
I was laughing more at the people saying it was bs he slept with 7 women left alone Muslim (paraphrased from memory).

And I guess you'd be surprised at how many Muslim girls break the rules all the time. My sister is a prime example.

A large proportion of Muslims (who I know at least) don't religiously stick to the Muslim 'law', especially over here. Trust me, I come from a 100% Muslim country and I know so many people who do whatever they want in private or abroad. I don't see how it's inconceivable he slept with 7.

lol its a very small minority that do, compared to non muslim girls specially british girls, get ragged by like every man
Original post by aka r
lol its a very small minority that do, compared to non muslim girls specially british girls, get ragged by like every man

Ragged. What a horrible word.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending