The Student Room Group

2A2's and 3AS and how to get into Uni???

Hey guys
In basic terms, i really need some advice and help.
I just completed my first year of a-levels and was doing the subjects Geography, Politics, Biology and Chemistry. i was reluctant to do chemistry as it was one of those subjects which i knew were not for me but my parents insisted and in the end i took it. The whole year i struggled and i was focusing more on chemistry and this effected my other subjects in the end. Cometh results day and my worst fears were confirmed. I had received a U in chemistry and E in biology, D in geography and C in politics. The other subjects were those that i knew i could get the higher grades in. At my college we have to drop one AS and take another when going into the 2nd year so i dropped chem and took ancient history. Also on re-enrolment day my tutors said drop biology as well so i took AS English language. Now i want to become a missionary so i will be going to a private uni to study theology and modern languages. However i also want to apply to universities as a back up through UCAS. Now i only have 2A2's ( most unis require 3) and technically 3AS because i will retake the biology exams. How can i apply to uni and also is it good to apply for foundation courses. For my back up i want to apply to geography and archaeology related courses. I also want to apply to decent universities. Please guys, any advice would be helpful...
P.S my GCSE results were 1A, 6B's, and 2C's and a distinction in IT. i admit i didn't revise enough hence why these grades are so bad.
Reply 1
anyone???

Quick Reply

Latest