The Student Room Group

Should I go to Pub Crawl event?

So on my course there's this fancy dress pub crawl event at the end of the week.

I'm wondering if I should bother going or not.

Firstly for starters I don't drink, so it will be a bit awkward? And secondly its fancy dress, and its quite specific so it'll be difficult to organise something without spending money.

Will this impact me socially with people on my course? Will I feel left out?
Whats the fancy dress theme? You'd be surprised what you can put together with stuff you already have (or could get cheaply).

Tbh it sounds a bit like you're looking for excuses, you don't need to drink to have fun and it is a great chance to meet people from your course.
Original post by UnknownGuy
So on my course there's this fancy dress pub crawl event at the end of the week.

Firstly for starters I don't drink, so it will be a bit awkward? And secondly its fancy dress, and its quite specific so it'll be difficult to organise something without spending money.

Don't bother.
So on my course there's this fancy dress pub crawl at the end of the week.

I would say go for it. I hardly drink a lot but I just had my first night out with my flatmates. It was really fun and they didn't judge me or anything. They were all really nice. And it was a great night. Even if my feet ache D:
You should go! You might be surprised (:

If they're playing a lot of music and you enjoy dancing, then it's perfect!
If you're having fun then they won't give a **** about you not drinking.
Have a good night!

Why will it? I hear this a lot but you are still allowed in pubs even if you don't drink. Fancy dress pub crawl sounds like a laugh, why should you miss out because you don't drink?

I've said this before but I'll bet that no one will even notice that you aren't drinking alcohol and on the off chance that they do I doubt they'll be that fussed that you aren't drinking. Go for it.

Well, will you? :dontknow:

If it's something you'd like to go to/other housemates are planning on going to then why not. As far as fancy dress goes, you don't have to make an extra special effort - you can usually come up with ideas using existing stuff or spending less than a fiver. Fancy dress is more impressive when it's more imaginative rather than flashy anyway.

And certainly don't worry about not drinking - a good proportion of people (certainly in freshers when people want to go out) won't be drinking and as other users have said, people won't bat an eyelid - especially the case when they start drinking themselves. If you're still worried about it, just get a coke and most people will think you're drinking some spirit/coke anyway :yy:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending